Maps Sangoku tsūran yochi rotei zenzu
About this Item
- Sangoku tsūran yochi rotei zenzu
- Contributor Names
- Hayashi, Shihei, 1738-1793.
- Created / Published
- [between 1785 and 1793]
- Ezokōku zenzu -- [Sangoku tsūron zusetsu] -- Ryūkyū sansyō nalabini sanjūlokutō no zu.
- Subject Headings
- - Japan--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Japan
- - Shows Japan, Korea, coast of China, and Ryūkyū Islands.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Title from title piece mounted on cover.
- - Worm holes in the map.
- - Coordinates in Japanese on map of Sangoku tsūron zusetsu.
- - "Chōsen, Ryūkyū narabini Karafuto ... "
- - Kotenseki, v. 1, p. 391 (under Sangoku tsūron zusetsu, author, Hayashi Shihei, [suppl.] chizu, completed Tenmei 5 ; Sangoku tsūran yochi rotei zenzu).
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Mounted on cover: book mark "Kuzu Shishaku zōshoshō."
- - Stamped on: July 23 1934.
- - Transferred from Asian Division; possibly a gift from Frederick Starr. One of 4 ms. maps of Japan drawn by Shihei Hayashi.
- 3 ms. maps : col. ; 50 x 91 cm. or smaller, folded in cover 27 x 20 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G7960 s000 .H3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hayashi, Shihei. Sangoku Tsūran Yochi Rotei Zenzu. [Between 1785 and 1793, 1785] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002531173/. (Accessed February 19, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Hayashi, S. (1785) Sangoku Tsūran Yochi Rotei Zenzu. [Between 1785 and 1793] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002531173/.
MLA citation style:
Hayashi, Shihei. Sangoku Tsūran Yochi Rotei Zenzu. [Between 1785 and 1793, 1785] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2002531173/>.