Software, E-Resource FamilySearch Internet genealogy service Family Search Internet genealogy service
About this Item
- FamilySearch Internet genealogy service
- Other Title
- Family Search Internet genealogy service
- "This site, maintained by the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, is a well-known and important source for most genealogists. The cleanly designed home page offers three search methods: Ancestor Search, which allows you to search for a person's name; Keyword Search, a subject search on the Web and in the SourceGuide; and Custom Search, where you can limit your search to any of the specific files offered. The site also provides a secure archive and links to mailing lists where those researching the same family lines can discuss their research. For those seeking further information, there is a directory of Family History Centers in the United States and an online store offering helpful tools, publications, software, and supplies"--"Best Free Reference Web Sites 2000." RUSA Quarterly, Fall 2000; reviewed Feb. 29, 2000.
- Ancestral file: Family-linked file containing genealogies contributed by 160,000 individuals and families.
- Family History Library catalog: Lists and describes the records, books, microfilms, and microfiche in the Family History Library. Records described include census records, birth records, family histories, church registers, and many other types from throughout the world.
- International genealogical index: World-wide index of more than one hundred forty-seven million names of deceased persons. Most names come from forms submitted by members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Regions included are as follows: British Isles, Denmark, Europe, Finland, Germany, Iceland, Mexico, Norway, Oceania/Asia/Africa/Central and South America, Sweden, United States and Canada, and Wales.
- Social security death index: Contains information on deceased persons who had social security numbers and whose deaths were reported to the Social Security Administration from 1937-
- Created / Published
- Salt Lake City, Utah : Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, [c1999]-
- Subject Headings
- - Genealogy
- - Registers of births, etc
- - Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.--Family History Library--Catalogs
- - Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- - Title from HTML header (viewed on Nov. 25, 2002).
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Digital Id
- http://www.familysearch.org External
- Library of Congress Control Number
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
FamilySearch Internet genealogy service. [Salt Lake City, Utah: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 1999] Software, E-Resource. https://lccn.loc.gov/2002567432.
APA citation style:
(1999) FamilySearch Internet genealogy service. [Salt Lake City, Utah: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints] [Software, E-Resource] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://lccn.loc.gov/2002567432.
MLA citation style:
FamilySearch Internet genealogy service. [Salt Lake City, Utah: Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints, 1999] Software, E-Resource. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <lccn.loc.gov/2002567432>.
More Software, E-Resources like this
Software, E-ResourceCyndi's list of genealogy sites on the Internet
Genealogy sites on the Internet Presents a categorized and cross-referenced index to genealogical resources on the Internet. Lists the categories of Web site links in alphabetical order. Categories may also be displayed by topic: localities, help from...
- Date: 1996
Software, E-ResourceNYPL digital gallery
New York Public Library digital gallery Provides access to over 275,000 images digitized from primary sources and printed rarities in the collections of the New York Public Library, including illuminated manuscripts, historical maps, vintage posters, rare prints and...
- Date: 2004
Software, E-ResourceThe David and Alfred Smart Museum of Art online collection
Smart Museum of Art online collection | Smart Museum on-line database project Provides access to inventory records and digitized images from the collections of the Smart Museum of Art which spans more than 5,000 years of artistic creation. Users may search by artist's name,...
- Contributor: David and Alfred Smart Museum of Art
- Date: 1999
Software, E-ResourceFine Arts Museums of San Francisco Web site for the Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco which was formed by the merger of the de Young Memorial Museum and the California Palace of the Legion of Honor. Features...
- Contributor: Fine Arts Museums of San Francisco
- Date: 1998
Software, E-ResourceResearch collections
Highlights : Remnants and recollections, highlighting the experience of Sephardi Jews during the Holocaust. Features online searchable catalogs providing partial access to some of the Museum's collections, including photo archive, library and archival collections, archival guide to the collections, and archival finding aids. Includes collection of...
- Date: 2003