Map Hudson's Bay's country Copy of a map, presented to the Congress
About this Item
- Hudson's Bay's country
- Other Title
- Copy of a map, presented to the Congress
- Contributor Names
- Kohl, J. G. (Johann Georg), 1808-1878.
- Pond, Peter, 1740-1807.
- Created / Published
- [ca. 1850]
- Subject Headings
- - Canada--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Canada
- - United States
- - Also covers northern United States.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Copy of a manuscript map from the Archives of the Hudson's Bay Company.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Vault
- 1 map : ms., col. ; 44 x 62 cm. + text ( leaf : ms. ; 41 x 36 cm.)
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3400 1785 .K6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The contents of the Library of Congress Louisiana: European Explorations and the Louisiana Purchase are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division, Louisiana: European Explorations and the Louisiana Purchase.
More about Copyright and other RestrictionsFor guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Kohl, J. G, and Peter Pond. Hudson's Bay's country.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2002622133/.
APA citation style:
Kohl, J. G. & Pond, P. (1850) Hudson's Bay's country. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002622133/.
MLA citation style:
Kohl, J. G, and Peter Pond. Hudson's Bay's country.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2002622133/>.
More Maps like this
MapThe upper Mississippi and Missouri
Idee topographique des hauts de Mississipi et du Missouri Covers the northwestern United States and western Canada. Relief shown pictorially. French. Title and notes in English. Traced by J.G. Kohl from the original map: Idee topographique des huts de Mississipi et...
- Contributor: Kohl, J. G. (Johann Georg) - Soulard, Anthoine - Kohl, J. G.
- Date: 1850
MapAn Indian map of the Upper-Missouri, 1801. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. English. Some place names in Blackfoot. Copied from a map in the London archives of the Hudson Bay Company. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as...
- Contributor: Kohl, J. G. (Johann Georg) - Kohl, J. G.
- Date: 1850
MapHudson's Bay's country after La Veranderie, about 1740.
Carte des nouvelles découvertes dans l'Ouest du Canada et des nations, qui y habitent Relief shown pictorially. Shows lakes, rivers, fortifications, and Indian tribes in the western region of the Hudson Bay south to the northern part of Lake Superior. French. Title and accompanying text in...
- Contributor: Kohl, J. G. (Johann Georg) - La Vérendrye, Pierre Gaultier De Varennes
- Date: 1850
MapMap of the discovery of the ...
Map of the discovery of the East Coast of the United States. | Map showing the progress of discovery of the Gulf of Mexico. | Map showing the progress of discovery of the West coast of the U.S. and Vancouver Island. Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: U.S. Coast and Geodetic Survey - Kohl, J. G. (Johann Georg) - Kohl, J. G.
- Date: 1856
Map[Map of Missouri River and vicinity from Saint Charles, Missouri, to Mandan villages of North Dakota ... Date from accompanying text. Relief shown by symbols for "Black Mountains" or Black Hills. Some place names in both English and French. Based on surveys up to the Mandan-Hidatsa villages by James...
- Contributor: Mackay, James - Harrison, William Henry - Evans, John - Finiels, Nicolas De. - Lewis, Meriwether - Clark, William
- Date: 1798