Maps A Plan of the coast of part of west Florida & Louisiana : including the River Yazous
About this Item
- A Plan of the coast of part of west Florida & Louisiana : including the River Yazous
- Contributor Names
- Gauld, George.
- Hilgard, J. E. (Julius Erasmus), 1825-1891.
- Created / Published
- [S.l. : s.n., 1778]
- Subject Headings
- - Gulf Coast (La.)--Maps
- - Gulf Coast (Miss.)--Maps
- - Mississippi River Region--Maps
- - United States--Louisiana--Gulf Coast
- - United States--Mississippi--Gulf Coast
- - United States--Mississippi River Region
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings.
- - "N.B. This survey has been taken at different times and reduced to one general scale in the year 1778."
- - In upper right corner: "The property of J.E. Hilegard."
- - "No.2."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes text.
- - Insets: A plan of Manchac 1774 -- A Continuation of the Mississippi from the Houmachitta Creek to the River Yazous.
- - Prime meridian: New Orleans.
- - Copy imperfect: Torn in the folds and around the edges
- 1 map on 6 sheets : mounted on linen ; 114 x 224 cm., sheets 59 x 80 cm. or smaller.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4012.C6 1778 .G3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Hilgard, J. E. (julius Erasmus)
Mississippi River Region
Gulf Coast (la.)
Gulf Coast (miss.)
Mississippi River Region
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gauld, George, and J. E Hilgard. A Plan of the coast of part of west Florida & Louisiana: including the River Yazous. [S.l.: s.n, 1778] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002623325/. (Accessed July 23, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Gauld, G. & Hilgard, J. E. (1778) A Plan of the coast of part of west Florida & Louisiana: including the River Yazous. [S.l.: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002623325/.
MLA citation style:
Gauld, George, and J. E Hilgard. A Plan of the coast of part of west Florida & Louisiana: including the River Yazous. [S.l.: s.n, 1778] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2002623325/>.