Maps Nowel Amsterdam en Lameriqve : 1672
About this Item
- Nowel Amsterdam en Lameriqve : 1672
- Other Title
- Nowel Amsterdam en l'Amériqve :
- Nowel Amsterdam en l'Amérique :
- Contributor Names
- Jollain, Gérard, -1683.
- Created / Published
- [Paris? : Iollain, 1672]
- Subject Headings
- - Lisbon (Portugal)--Aerial views--Early works to 1800
- - Lisbon Region (Portugal)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Portugal--Lisbon
- - Portugal--Lisbon Region
- - Bird's-eye view of Lisbon, Portugal (not New Amsterdam) showing individual buildings and place-names in French. Map based on: Braun, George, 1540 or 41-1622. Civitates orbis terrarum, [1612-1618] Vol. 5, Olissippo quae nunc Lisboa, Civitas Amplissima Lusitaniae.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Text in Latin and French.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Annotated in pencil on cloth backing.
- - Includes text, inset of "La Nouvelle Holande en l'Amerique", ill. of ships in "Mer du Nort", and coat-of-arms.
- - Phillips, 3964 note.
- - Braun & Hogenberg, 1576-1618.
- - Stokes. Iconography, v. 1, p. 215.
- 1 map : cloth backing ; 33 x 51 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G6694.L5A3 1672 .J6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Jollain, Gérard, -1683. Nowel Amsterdam en Lameriqve: 1672. [Paris?: Iollain, 1672] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002623791/. (Accessed September 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Jollain, G. (1672) Nowel Amsterdam en Lameriqve: 1672. [Paris?: Iollain] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002623791/.
MLA citation style:
Jollain, Gérard, -1683. Nowel Amsterdam en Lameriqve: 1672. [Paris?: Iollain, 1672] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2002623791/>.