Map Map of Texas
About this Item
- Map of Texas
- Contributor Names
- Arrowsmith, John, 1790-1873.
- Bollaert, William, 1807-1876.
- Created / Published
- London : John Arrowsmith, 1841.
- Subject Headings
- - Texas--Maps
- - United States--Texas
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "London, pub'd 17 April, 1841 by John Arrowsmith, 10 Soho Square."
- - Sectioned together in 18 pieces mounted on cloth backing.
- - Torn around edges on some sections.
- - Includes hand written notes, signed in ink by Wm. Bollaert.
- - Includes 2 insets.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 62 x 52 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4030 1841 .A7
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Relief shown by hachures. "London, pub'd 17 April, 1841 by John Arrowsmith, 10 Soho Square." Sectioned together in 18 pieces mounted on cloth backing. Torn around edges on some sections. Includes hand written notes, signed in ink by Wm. Bollaert. Includes 2 insets. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Arrowsmith, John, and William Bollaert. Map of Texas. London: John Arrowsmith, 1841. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2002627151/.
APA citation style:
Arrowsmith, J. & Bollaert, W. (1841) Map of Texas. London: John Arrowsmith. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002627151/.
MLA citation style:
Arrowsmith, John, and William Bollaert. Map of Texas. London: John Arrowsmith, 1841. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2002627151/>.