Maps Map of the seat of war : [Virginia and Maryland]
About this Item
- Map of the seat of war : [Virginia and Maryland]
- Contributor Names
- Grant, M. B.
- Howell, R. H.
- Burke, T. A. (Thomas A.), 1828-1880.
- Created / Published
- Savannah, Ga. : T.A. Burke, Morning New Office, [1861?]
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia--Maps
- - Maryland--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--Maryland
- - General map. Place names in Maryland north of Baltimore and Frederick, and south of Washington, D.C. (with the exception of Fort Washington), are not given. Few place names in Virginia south of Richmond and Lynchburg (with the exception of Norfolk and the Virginia Peninsula) are given.
- - Mounted on cloth.
- - Copy 2 imperfect: Originally folded, with losses along fold lines, staining along folds at center right and bottom, and fading overall.
- - LC Civil War Maps (2nd ed.), 449.6
- - Includes table of distances.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - Confederate imprint.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 43 x 55 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3880 1861 .G5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Grant, M. B, R. H Howell, and T. A Burke. [Map of the seat of war: Virginia and Maryland]. [Savannah, Ga.: T.A. Burke, Morning New Office, ?, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002627422/. (Accessed February 25, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Grant, M. B., Howell, R. H. & Burke, T. A. (1861) [Map of the seat of war: Virginia and Maryland]. [Savannah, Ga.: T.A. Burke, Morning New Office, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002627422/.
MLA citation style:
Grant, M. B, R. H Howell, and T. A Burke. [Map of the seat of war: Virginia and Maryland]. [Savannah, Ga.: T.A. Burke, Morning New Office, ?, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2002627422/>.