Map Map of Dinwiddie County, Va.
About this Item
- Map of Dinwiddie County, Va.
- Contributor Names
- Sommers, S. L.
- Graves, H. M.
- Campbell, Albert H. (Albert Henry), 1826-1899.
- Randolph, Innes, 1837-1887.
- Subject Headings
- - Dinwiddie County (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Landowners--Virginia--Dinwiddie County--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Dinwidde County
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows names of some residents, and indicates wooded areas.
- - Ink on tracing cloth, with roads in red, mounted on cloth. Water damage to left side, some spotting overall.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H28
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1247
- - Holograph beneath title: Approved July 1st 1864, J. Innes Randolph, 1st Lt. Engr's. act. in chg. Top. Dept. DNV.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map : col. ms., cloth ; 56 x 59 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3883.D6 1864 .S6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Relief shown by hachures. Shows names of some residents, and indicates wooded areas. Ink on tracing cloth, with roads in red, mounted on cloth. Water damage to left side, some spotting overall. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H28 LC Land ownership maps, 1247 Holograph beneath title: Approved July 1st 1864, J. Innes Randolph, 1st Lt. Engr's. act. in chg. Top. Dept. DNV. Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
ContributorsCampbell, Albert H. (Albert Henry)
Graves, H. M.
Sommers, S. L.
Dinwiddie County (Va.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Hotchkiss Map Collection were published prior to 1922 (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Photographic copies of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. The reproductions in this collection are made from digital images. Digital reproductions in TIFF format are also available.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sommers, S. L, H. M Graves, Albert H Campbell, and Innes Randolph. Map of Dinwiddie County, Va. 1864. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2002627433/.
APA citation style:
Sommers, S. L., Graves, H. M., Campbell, A. H. & Randolph, I. (1864) Map of Dinwiddie County, Va. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002627433/.
MLA citation style:
Sommers, S. L, et al. Map of Dinwiddie County, Va. 1864. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2002627433/>.