Maps Part of map of portions of the milit'y dept's of Washington, Pennsylvania, Annapolis, and north eastern Virginia
About this Item
- Part of map of portions of the milit'y dept's of Washington, Pennsylvania, Annapolis, and north eastern Virginia
- Contributor Names
- United States. Topographical Bureau.
- Early, Jubal Anderson, 1816-1894.
- Rives, Alfred Landon, 1830-1903.
- Sheppard, William Ludwell, 1833-1912.
- United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers.
- Subject Headings
- - Washington D.C. Region--Maps, Manuscript
- - Maryland--Maps, Manuscript
- - Virginia--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--District of Columbia--Washington Region
- - United States--Maryland
- - United States--Virginia
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows Washington D.C. region, including western part of Maryland and northeastern Virginia. Does not show Pennsylvania with the exception of Gettysburg.
- - Pen-and-ink on tracing cloth, mounted on paper.
- - Holograph beneath title: "A.L. Rives., Col. & asst. to Chf. Eng."
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H15
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col., cloth ; 58 x 85 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3850 1864 .U55
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsEarly, Jubal Anderson
Rives, Alfred Landon
Sheppard, William Ludwell
United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers
United States. Topographical Bureau
Washington D.C. Region
SubjectsDistrict of Columbia
Washington D.C. Region
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Hotchkiss Map Collection were published prior to 1922 (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citing Primary Souces on the Teachers Page.
Photographic copies of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. The reproductions in this collection are made from digital images. Digital reproductions in TIFF format are also available.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Topographical Bureau, Jubal Anderson Early, Alfred Landon Rives, William Ludwell Sheppard, and United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers. Part of map of portions of the milit'y dept's of Washington, Pennsylvania, Annapolis, and north eastern Virginia. 1864. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002627442/. (Accessed October 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
United States Topographical Bureau, Early, J. A., Rives, A. L., Sheppard, W. L. & United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers. (1864) Part of map of portions of the milit'y dept's of Washington, Pennsylvania, Annapolis, and north eastern Virginia. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002627442/.
MLA citation style:
United States Topographical Bureau, et al. Part of map of portions of the milit'y dept's of Washington, Pennsylvania, Annapolis, and north eastern Virginia. 1864. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2002627442/>.