Map Roanoke County, Virginia.
About this Item
- Roanoke County, Virginia.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Roanoke County (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Landowners--Virginia--Roanoke County--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Roanoke County
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows the names of some residents.
- - Title and scale from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989.
- - In lower left corner: 3rd 1865.
- - Pen-and-ink and pencil on a 3/8-in. grid.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H56
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1337
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map : col. ms. ; 26 x 31 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3883.R5 186- .R5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Relief shown by hachures. Shows the names of some residents. Title and scale from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989. In lower left corner: 3rd 1865. Pen-and-ink and pencil on a 3/8-in. grid. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H56 LC Land ownership maps, 1337 Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Hotchkiss Map Collection were published prior to 1922 (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Photographic copies of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. The reproductions in this collection are made from digital images. Digital reproductions in TIFF format are also available.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Roanoke County, Virginia. [?, 1865] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002627464/. (Accessed January 19, 2018.)
APA citation style:
(1865) Roanoke County, Virginia. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002627464/.
MLA citation style:
Roanoke County, Virginia. [?, 1865] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2002627464/>.