Map Rockbridge Co., Va. Rockbridge County, Virginia
About this Item
- Rockbridge Co., Va.
- Other Title
- Rockbridge County, Virginia
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Rockbridge County (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Landowners--Virginia--Rockbridge County--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Rockbridge County
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows the names of some residents.
- - Pen-and-ink and pencil mounted on cloth.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H57
- - LC Land ownership maps, 1342
- - In the upper left corner: No. 25.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 map : col. ms. ; 45 x 37 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3883.R6 186- .R6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Relief shown by hachures. Shows the names of some residents. Pen-and-ink and pencil mounted on cloth. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H57 LC Land ownership maps, 1342 In the upper left corner: No. 25. Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Hotchkiss Map Collection were published prior to 1922 (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Photographic copies of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. The reproductions in this collection are made from digital images. Digital reproductions in TIFF format are also available.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Rockbridge Co., Va.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2002627465/.
APA citation style:
Rockbridge Co., Va.  [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002627465/.
MLA citation style:
Rockbridge Co., Va.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2002627465/>.
More Maps like this
MapSurvey of I. R. Houston, deputy surveyor of Rockbridge Co., Va. of lands in dispute between ... Shows names of some residents. Pen-and-ink, mounted on cloth. On verso, obscured by mounting: McNutt lands bought by D&H Forrer, Houston plots. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H318 Includes notes. In...
- Contributor: Houston, I. R.
- Date: 187?
MapTopographic map of the Vesuvius Furnace Iron Estate, Rockbridge Co., Va., 8,000 acres Shows names of some residents. Relief shown by form lines. Pen-and-ink on tracing linen, mounted on cloth. In ink in upper right corner: IV. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H249 Includes...
- Contributor: Donald, W. A. - Hotchkiss, Jedediah
- Date: 1882
MapMap of Rockbridge Co., Va.
Map of Rockbridge County, Virginia Relief shown by hachures. Shows the names of some residents. Oriented with north toward right. "Map from the Confederate Engineer Bureau in Richmond, Va. General J.F. Gilmer Chief Engineer. Presented to the...
- Contributor: Virginia Historical Society - Confederate States of America. Army. Department of Northern Virginia - Campbell, Albert H. (Albert Henry) - Hutchinson, W. - Gilmer, Jeremy Francis - Izard, Walter - Coyle, John M. - Minis, Louisa Porter
- Date: 186?
Map[Map of Rockbridge County, Virginia]. Relief shown by hachures. Pen-and-ink and pencil, mounted on cloth. Title and date from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H305 Available also through the Library of...
- Date: 188?
MapMap of the county of Rockbridge, Virginia Shows magisterial districts and names of some residents. Relief shown by hachures. Oriented with north toward the upper right. LC Land ownership maps, 1341 Available also through the Library of Congress Web...
- Contributor: A. Hoen & Co. - Gilham, William
- Date: 1860