Film, Video [Vitagraph paper print fragments. No. 9]
About this Item
- [Vitagraph paper print fragments. No. 9]
- Vitagraph Company of America
- Paper Print Collection (Library of Congress)
Created / Published
- United States : Vitagraph Company of America, 1908.
- Richard III: a Shakespearian tragedy (19Sept08, H115853, copy A) -- The right of the Seigneur (3Nov08, H117825, copy A) -- A romance of the Alps (23Sept08, H116065, copy A) -- Romeo and Juliet: a romantic story of the ancient feud between the Italian houses of Montague and Capulet (26May08, H111037, copy A) -- A rustic heroine, or, In the days of King George (24Jun08, H112280, copy A) -- Salome, or, The dance of the seven veils (19Aug08, H114743, copy A) -- The salt did it, or, If you want to catch a bird, put salt on it's tail (22May08, H110861) -- The selfish man (9Jun08, H111582, copy B) -- The Shaughraun: an Irish romance (6Jan08, H104866) -- She wanted to be an actress (27Apr08, H109747, copy A) -- Sheridan's ride (7Dec08, H119267, copy B) -- The shoemaker of Coepenick (9Nov08, H118037, copy A) -- A sister's love: a tale of the Franco-Prussian War (19Dec08, H120075, copy B) -- Slippery Jim's repentance (2Dec08, H119039, copy B) -- Slumberland (8Dec08, H119405, copy A) -- Sold again (28Jan08, H105593, copy B) -- A Spanish romance (6Oct08, H116609, copy A) -- The stage-struck daughter (24Oct08, H117386, copy B) -- The stolen plans, or, The boy detective (9Sept08, H115459, copy B) -- Stricken blind, or, To forgive is divine (15Jul08, H113391, copy B) -- A summer idyl (20Nov08, H118650, copy A) -- The tale of a shirt (7Mar08, H107067, copy A) -- A tale of the Crusades (9Nov08, H118036, copy A).
- Silent films
- Film excerpts
- - Copyright: each fragment registered separately; copyright information given in content notes.
- - Running time of 17 minutes for digital file includes added titles.
- - All acetate material copied from bromide photographic paper prints deposited as motion picture copyright registrations during 1908.
- - More detailed information on the paper prints in this collection may be found in the Motion Picture and TV Reading Room at the Library of Congress.
- 1 video file (digital, MPEG-4) (ca. 17 min.) : si., b&w.
- viewing print 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 900 ft.) : si., b&w. ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 900 ft.) : si., b&w. ; 35 mm.
- dupe neg pic (copy 2) 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 900 ft.) : si., b&w. ; 35 mm.
- master pos pic 1 film reel of 1 (ca. 900 ft.) : si., b&w. ; 35 mm.
- paper pos 23 paper fragments (ca. 900 ft.) : si., b&w. ; 35 mm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- FEC 5061 (viewing print)
- FPF 2428 (dupe neg pic)
- FPF 2429 (dupe neg pic, copy 2)
- FPF 2430 (master pos pic)
- Motion Picture and TV Reading Room (paper pos)
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is not aware of any U.S. copyright or other restrictions in the vast majority of motion pictures in these collections. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse.
In rare cases, copyrighted motion pictures are made available by special permission to the Library and may be used only for educational purposes. For example, the Gershwin home movies fall within this category. Rights assessment is your responsibility. No registration information exists for some titles, and reproduction of some titles may be restricted by privacy rights, publicity rights, licensing and trademarks. Additionally, some works may still be protected by copyright in the United States or some foreign countries. The written permission of the copyright owners in materials not in the public domain is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions.
Whenever possible, we provide information that we have about copyright owners and related matters in the catalog records, finding aids and other texts that accompany collections. You should consult the catalog information that accompanies each item for specific information. This catalog data provides the details known to the Library of Congress regarding the corresponding item and may assist you in making independent assessments of the legal status of these items for their desired uses. You should also consult restrictions associated with donations to the Library.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Motion Picture, Broadcasting, and Recorded Sound Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Vitagraph Company Of America, and Paper Print Collection. Vitagraph paper print fragments. No. 9. United States: Vitagraph Company of America, 1908. Video. https://www.loc.gov/item/2002641202/.
APA citation style:
Vitagraph Company Of America & Paper Print Collection. (1908) Vitagraph paper print fragments. No. 9. United States: Vitagraph Company of America. [Video] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2002641202/.
MLA citation style:
Vitagraph Company Of America, and Paper Print Collection. Vitagraph paper print fragments. No. 9. United States: Vitagraph Company of America, 1908. Video. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2002641202/>.