Software, E-Resource The Chinese in California, 1850-1925
About this Item
- The Chinese in California, 1850-1925
- Describes experiences of Chinese immigrants in California from 1850 to 1925, including the nature of inter-ethnic tensions. Also documents specific contributions of Chinese immigrants to commerce and business, architecture and art, agriculture and other industries, and cultural and social life in California. Includes 8,000 images of photographs, original art, cartoons and other illustrations; letters, excerpts from diaries, business records, and legal documents; as well as pamphlets, broadsides, speeches, sheet music, and other printed matter.
- Contributor Names
- Bancroft Library.
- University of California, Berkeley. Ethnic Studies Library.
- California Historical Society.
- Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program.
- Created / Published
- Washington, DC : Library of Congress, 2002-
- Subject Headings
- - Chinese Americans--California--History--Sources
- - At head of title: The Library of Congress, American Memory.
- - Title from home page as viewed on July 9, 2011.
- - 1998/99 Award Winner of The Library of Congress/Ameritech National Digital Library Competition.
- - This description is based on the original presentation of the collection on the Library of Congress website, now available only as an archived web site. The presentation on the awardee institution's website may vary.
- - Archived presentation includes timeline.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Digital Id
- http://www.oac.cdlib.org/findaid/ark:/13030/kt5p3019m2 External
- Library of Congress Control Number
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bancroft Library, Berkeley. Ethnic Studies Library University Of California, California Historical Society, and Library Of Congress. National Digital Library Program. The Chinese in California, -1925. Washington, DC: Library of Congress, 2002. Software, E-Resource. https://lccn.loc.gov/2003543760.
APA citation style:
Bancroft Library, University Of California, B. E. S. L., California Historical Society & Library Of Congress. National Digital Library Program. (2002) The Chinese in California, -1925. Washington, DC: Library of Congress. [Software, E-Resource] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://lccn.loc.gov/2003543760.
MLA citation style:
Bancroft Library, et al. The Chinese in California, -1925. Washington, DC: Library of Congress, 2002. Software, E-Resource. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <lccn.loc.gov/2003543760>.
More Software, E-Resources like this
Software, E-ResourceWords and deeds in American history selected documents celebrating the Manuscript Division's first 100 years /
Selected documents celebrating the Manuscript Division's first 100 years Presents approximately ninety representative documents spanning from the fifteenth century to the mid-twentieth century. Includes papers of presidents, cabinet ministers, members of Congress, Supreme Court justices, military officers and diplomats, reformers and...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - Library of Congress. Manuscript Division
- Date: 1997
Software, E-ResourceThe African-American experience in Ohio, 1850-1920 selections from the Ohio Historical Society. Manuscript and printed text and images drawn from the collections of the Ohio Historical Society that depict the history of African Americans in Ohio from 1850 to 1920. Materials cover slavery and...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - Ohio Historical Society
- Date: 1999
Software, E-ResourceCivil War treasures from the New-York Historical Society Consists of over 2,000 items drawn from twelve collections highlighting the New-York Historical Society's Civil War holdings. Features recruiting posters for New York City regiments of volunteers; stereographic views documenting the mustering...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - New-York Historical Society
- Date: 2001
Software, E-ResourceVoices remembering slavery : freed people tell their stories
Voices from the days of slavery : | Freed people tell their stories | Former slaves tell their stories Provides the opportunity to listen to former slaves describe their lives. These interviews, conducted between 1932 and 1975, capture the recollections of twenty-three identifiable people born between 1823 and the early 1860s...
- Contributor: Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - American Folklife Center
- Date: 2004
Software, E-ResourceAn American time capsule three centuries of broadsides and other printed ephemera Derived from the Printed Ephemera Collection at the Library of Congress, presents thousands of primary source items from the American states, the District of Columbia, and London, England. Materials date from the...
- Contributor: Printed Ephemera Collection (Library of Congress) - Library of Congress. National Digital Library Program - Library of Congress. Rare Book and Special Collections Division
- Date: 2000