Maps Preliminary chart of Charleston Harbor and its approaches
About this Item
- Preliminary chart of Charleston Harbor and its approaches
- Contributor Names
- United States Coast Survey.
- Bache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas), 1806-1867.
- Boutelle, C. O. (Charles Otis)
- Bien, Julius, 1826-1909.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C. : U.S. Coast Survey Office], 1858.
- Subject Headings
- - Nautical charts--South Carolina--Charleston Harbor
- - United States--South Carolina--Charleston Harbor
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by contours and soundings.
- - In upper right margin: Plate 1
- - In lower right margin: Lith. of J. Bien.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes ms. letter, signed by Gen. S.W. Crawford, a Union officer at Fort Sumter, dated July 10, 1869
- - Copy imperfect: Map edges torn
- - Control no.: 99-28
- 1 map : hand col. ; 79 x 80 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3912.C4P5 1858 .U51
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsBache, A. D. (Alexander Dallas)
Boutelle, C. O. (Charles Otis)
United States Coast Survey
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Coast Survey, A. D Bache, C. O Boutelle, and Julius Bien. Preliminary chart of Charleston Harbor and its approaches. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. Coast Survey Office, 1958] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003623102/. (Accessed January 18, 2017.)
APA citation style:
United States Coast Survey, Bache, A. D., Boutelle, C. O. & Bien, J. (1958) Preliminary chart of Charleston Harbor and its approaches. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. Coast Survey Office] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003623102/.
MLA citation style:
United States Coast Survey, et al. Preliminary chart of Charleston Harbor and its approaches. [Washington, D.C.: U.S. Coast Survey Office, 1958] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2003623102/>.