Maps Cartes et plans de l'Amerique. Cartes geograp Ameriqu
About this Item
- Cartes et plans de l'Amerique.
- Other Title
- Cartes geograp Ameriqu
- Contributor Names
- Bellin, Jacques Nicolas, 1703-1772.
- Created / Published
- [Paris? : s.n.], 1745.
- Subject Headings
- - Western Hemisphere--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Western Hemisphere
- - America
- - Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Dates on maps vary from 1717 to 1744.
- - Title and date annotated in ink within etched title cartouche. Plates numbered in ink with a title often annotated on verso.
- - A composite atlas of maps of North and South America and adjacent islands and oceans predominantly by Jacques Nicolas Bellin, including 17 manuscript maps, of which 8 are signed by Bellin.
- - Phillips, 10267
- - Includes manuscript table of contents and index.
- - Plate 42a laid in. Plate 43 includes a laid in manuscript overlay of a battle.
- - Rebound spine incorporating original spine title and ornaments and original brown leather covered boards with central embossed gilded insignia.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 atlas ( l., 59 leaves of plates) : 73 maps (some folded, mostly hand col.) ; 57 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G1100 .C3 1745
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Bellin, Jacques Nicolas. Cartes et plans de l'Amerique. [Paris?: s.n, 1745] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003623376/. (Accessed January 24, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Bellin, J. N. (1745) Cartes et plans de l'Amerique. [Paris?: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003623376/.
MLA citation style:
Bellin, Jacques Nicolas. Cartes et plans de l'Amerique. [Paris?: s.n, 1745] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2003623376/>.