Maps [Map of New Orleans and vicinity]
About this Item
- [Map of New Orleans and vicinity]
- Contributor Names
- Pintado, Vicente Sebastián, 1774-1829.
- Trudeau, Charles Laveau, approximately 1750-1816.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Real property--Louisiana--New Orleans--Maps
- - Landowners--Louisiana--New Orleans--Maps
- - New Orleans (La.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Louisiana--New Orleans
- - Shows property lines and landowners between the city limits and Bayou Saint John.
- - Spanish and French.
- - Pen-and-ink.
- - Mounted on cloth backing.
- - "This map is an 1873 copy of the original 1804 map copied by Pintado (in Havana in 1819) and verified by Pilié, the New Orlweans Surveyor in 1838. Map reflects information compiled by Pintado in 1795-96 and set down by Trudeau in official records in 1804."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Copy imperfect: Waterstained.
- - Includes explanatory notes.
- - LC Luso-Hispanic world, 959
- 1 ms. map ; 77 x 56 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4014.N5G46 1819 .P5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsPintado, Vicente Sebastián
Trudeau, Charles Laveau
New Orleans (La.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Pintado, Vicente Sebastián, and Charles Laveau Trudeau. [Map of New Orleans and vicinity].  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003623382/. (Accessed January 16, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Pintado, V. S. & Trudeau, C. L. (1819) [Map of New Orleans and vicinity]. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003623382/.
MLA citation style:
Pintado, Vicente Sebastián, and Charles Laveau Trudeau. [Map of New Orleans and vicinity].  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2003623382/>.