Maps [Map of Las Ormigas Grant, Sabine and DeSoto Parishes, Louisiana].
About this Item
- [Map of Las Ormigas Grant, Sabine and DeSoto Parishes, Louisiana].
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Sabine Parish (La.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - De Soto Parish (La.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Land grants--Louisiana--Sabine Parish--Maps
- - Land grants--Louisiana--De Soto Parish--Maps
- - United States--Louisiana--Sabine Parish
- - United States--Louisiana--De Soto Parish
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Shows the present-day Sabine and DeSoto Parishes in eastern region of the Sabine River, Louisiana.
- - Names of places and features in Spanish.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Title derived from The Luso-Hispanic world in maps, 1999.
- - Mounted on cloth backing.
- - This Spanish map of the site of Las Ormigas land grand later known as the Arroyo Hondo grand includes streams, vegetation ... At time of map, this was an area of dispute between the United States and Spain.
- - Copy annotated in pencil on verso: "Los Ormigas grant" corrected to "Arroyo Hondo grant" in letter of Mr. Witbeck's. July 2, 1927 and May 31, 1927.
- - LC Luso-Hispanic world, 939
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Gift; A.T. Witbeck; 1927
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 47 x 20 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4013.S2 180- .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
LocationDe Soto Parish
De Soto Parish
SubjectsDe Soto Parish
De Soto Parish (La.)
Sabine Parish (La.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
[Map of Las Ormigas Grant, Sabine and DeSoto Parishes, Louisiana].  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003623387/. (Accessed January 19, 2017.)
APA citation style:
[Map of Las Ormigas Grant, Sabine and DeSoto Parishes, Louisiana].  [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003623387/.
MLA citation style:
[Map of Las Ormigas Grant, Sabine and DeSoto Parishes, Louisiana].  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2003623387/>.