Map Caert vande Svydt Rivier in Niew Nederland.
About this Item
- Caert vande Svydt Rivier in Niew Nederland.
- Contributor Names
- Vinckeboons, Joan.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Delaware Bay (Del. and N.J.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - Delaware River (N.Y.-Del. and N.J.)--Maps, Manuscript--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Delaware--Delaware Bay
- - United States--New Jersey--Delaware Bay
- - United States--New York (State)--Delaware River
- - United States--Delaware--Delaware River
- - United States--New Jersey--Delaware River
- - Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings.
- - Shows the region of the Delaware Bay and river, natural features, and other geographical entities.
- - Pen-and-ink and watercolor.
- - Attributed to Joan Vinckeboons by comparison with his other Dutch maps in Henry Harrisse collection.
- - Described in Terrae incognitae, v. xvi, 1984. Richard W. Stephenson's The Henry Harrisse collection ... , p. 40; the third volume has binder's title "Manuscript maps of New-Netherland and Manhattan drawn on the spot by Joan Vingboons in 1639."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes text.
- 1 ms. map : col., paper backing ; 47 x 69 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3291.S12 coll .H3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Vinckeboons, Joan. Caert vande Svydt Rivier in Niew Nederland. [?, 1639] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2003623407/.
APA citation style:
Vinckeboons, J. (1639) Caert vande Svydt Rivier in Niew Nederland. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003623407/.
MLA citation style:
Vinckeboons, Joan. Caert vande Svydt Rivier in Niew Nederland. [?, 1639] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2003623407/>.
More Maps like this
MapPlano de la Bahia de la Ware y entrada de Filadelfie ... Scale ca. 1:200,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor. Soundings shown in fathoms. No. "41." LC Luso-Hispanic World, 848 Includes sailing directions and index. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as...
- Contributor: Campo, Josef Del
- Date: 1780
MapBaye de la Delaware avec les ports, sondes, dangers, bancs, &c. depuis les caps jusqu'a Philadelphie ... Scale ca. 1:200,000. Manuscript, pen-and-ink, and watercolor. Depths shown in fathoms. Oriented with north to the right. Place names in English. Copied from Georges Louis LeRouge's Pilote américain septentrional. 1778. v. 1,...
- Contributor: Moun̂oz (Firm) - Fisher, Joshua - Ybarra - Le Rouge, Georges-Louis
- Date: 1785
MapNoort Rivier in Niew Neerlandt. Relief shown pictorially. Depths shown by soundings. Shows the Hudson River from Manhattan Island to Albany, natural features, and other geographical entities in the region. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. Attributed to Joan Vinckeboons...
- Contributor: Vinckeboons, Joan
- Date: 1639
MapA chart of Delaware Bay and River : from the original Nautical chart showing shoals, tidal flats, ship channels, shoreline anchorages, and port towns up to Philadelphia.
- Contributor: Fisher, Joshua
- Date: 1776
MapCarte de la baye et rivière de Délaware contenant une éxacte et entiére description des rivages, ... Scale ca. 1:31,000. Hand colored. Depths shown by soundings. Includes text. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault AACR2: 100; 650/1; 650/2; 651/3; 651/4; 700/1;...
- Contributor: Petit - Sartine, Antoine De - Fisher, Joshua - France. Dépôt Des Cartes Et Plans De La Marine
- Date: 1778