Maps Pingjiang tu. 平江图.
About this Item
- Pingjiang tu.
- Other Title
- Contributor Names
- Gamble, William, -1886.
- Created / Published
- [Between 1858-1869]
- Subject Headings
- - Suzhou (Jiangsu Sheng, China)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Rubbing--China--Suzhou (Jiangsu Sheng)--Maps
- - China--Jiangsu Sheng--Suzhou
- - Stone rubbing dated between 1858 and 1869. One of the earliest and biggest stone rubbing maps in China.
- - Original stone was engraved in 1229 under Li Shoupeng. The map is now in the Museum of Engraved Stone Tablets in Suzhou, China.
- - Shows temples, bridges, rivers, and city walls of Pingjiang (Suzhou) during the Southern Song Dynasty.
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Copy imperfect: Holes in the center, torn around edges.
- - Gift; William Gamble; 1938.
- - Prev. call#: G7824.S88 1450 .S7 Vault Shelf
- 1 map ; 280 x 140 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G7824.S88 1229 .P5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Gamble, William, -1886. Pingjiang Tu. [Between to 1869, 1229] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003626507/. (Accessed December 03, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Gamble, W. (1229) Pingjiang Tu. [Between to 1869] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003626507/.
MLA citation style:
Gamble, William, -1886. Pingjiang Tu. [Between to 1869, 1229] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2003626507/>.