Map Afghanistan, Beloochistan, etc.
About this Item
- Afghanistan, Beloochistan, etc.
- "This 1893 map of Afghanistan and Baluchistan (the western part of present-day Pakistan) was published by Hunt & Eaton and engraved by Fisk & Co. of New York. Located at Fifth Avenue and 20th St. in Manhattan, Hunt & Eaton were the agents of the Methodist Book Concern, the publishing and bookselling arm of the American Methodist Church. The book concern was established in Philadelphia in 1799, and over the years used a series of firms as its agent. Hunt & Eaton was formed in 1889 when Homer Eaton joined the Reverend Sanford Hunt to take over the assets and business of an earlier firm, Philips & Hunt. In addition to printing official church publications, Hunt & Eaton turned out books on art, science, literature, and other subjects, as well as maps, all of which were known for their consistently high quality. This map is from an atlas produced for the New York Recorder Company, which published the New York Recorder, a daily newspaper associated with the Baptist Church. The map is attractive, but simple and uncluttered, intended to appeal to a mass audience." World Digital Library.
- Hunt & Eaton.
Created / Published
- New York, 1893.
- - Afghanistan--Maps
- - Baluchistan--Maps
- - Afghanistan
- - Baluchistan
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : col. ; 28 x 23 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G7630 1893 .H8 TIL
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hunt & Eaton. Afghanistan, Beloochistan, etc. New York, 1893. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2003627033/.
APA citation style:
Hunt & Eaton. (1893) Afghanistan, Beloochistan, etc. New York. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003627033/.
MLA citation style:
Hunt & Eaton. Afghanistan, Beloochistan, etc. New York, 1893. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2003627033/>.