Map Map of Texas and the countries adjacent
About this Item
- Map of Texas and the countries adjacent
- United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers, cartographer.
- United States. Corps of Topographical Engineers.
- Emory, William H. (William Hemsley), 1811-1887.
- Stone, William James, 1798-1865, engraver.
Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C.] : War Department, 1844.
- - Texas--Maps
- - West (U.S.)--Maps
- - Mexico--Maps
- - United States--Texas
- - Shows the continental U.S. west to the Pacific, and the upper half of Mexico.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Prime meridians: Greenwich and Washington.
- - "Published by order of the U.S. Senate."
- - Includes text, statistics, and sources.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand colored ; 54 x 82 cm
Call Number/Physical Location
- G4030 1844 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Emory, William H. (William Hemsley)
- Stone, William James
- United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers
- United States. Corps of Topographical Engineers
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers, Cartographer, United States Corps Of Topographical Engineers, William H Emory, and William James Stone. Map of Texas and the countries adjacent. [Washington, D.C.: War Department, 1844] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2003627046/.
APA citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers, C., United States Corps Of Topographical Engineers, Emory, W. H. & Stone, W. J. (1844) Map of Texas and the countries adjacent. [Washington, D.C.: War Department] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003627046/.
MLA citation style:
United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers, Cartographer, et al. Map of Texas and the countries adjacent. [Washington, D.C.: War Department, 1844] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2003627046/>.