Map Map of Illinoise [sic] Map of Illinois
About this Item
- Map of Illinoise [sic]
- Other Title
- Map of Illinois
- Contributor Names
- Melish, John, 1771-1822.
- Created / Published
- [Philadelphia : John Melish, 1818?]
- Subject Headings
- - Illinois--Maps
- - United States--Illinois
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - Includes references to the township and range rectangular survey system.
- - Prime meridians: Washington and London.
- - Annotated on verso: No. 960. Title page of "Map of Illinois." Deposited 16 April 1818 by John Melish as proprietor.
- - Mounted on cloth.
- - Discolored with darkening along center fold.
- 1 map ; 64 x 48 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4100 1818 .M4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image. Includes references to the township and range rectangular survey system. Prime meridians: Washington and London. Annotated on verso: No. 960. Title page of "Map of Illinois." Deposited 16 April 1818 by John Melish as proprietor. Mounted on cloth. Discolored with darkening along center fold.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Melish, John. Map of Illinoise sic. [Philadelphia: John Melish, ?, 1818] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2003627085/.
APA citation style:
Melish, J. (1818) Map of Illinoise sic. [Philadelphia: John Melish, ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003627085/.
MLA citation style:
Melish, John. Map of Illinoise sic. [Philadelphia: John Melish, ?, 1818] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2003627085/>.