Map Plan of New Orleans.
About this Item
- Plan of New Orleans.
- Contributor Names
- Pittman, Philip, captain.
- Created / Published
- London, Printed for J. Nourse, 1770.
- Subject Headings
- - New Orleans (La.)--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - United States--Louisiana--New Orleans
- - Oriented with North to the right.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- 1 map ; 15 x 20 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- F352 .P68
- Source Collection
- Pittman, Philip, captain. The present state of the European settlements on the Mississippi.
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The contents of the Library of Congress Louisiana: European Explorations and the Louisiana Purchase are in the public domain and are free to use and reuse.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division, Louisiana: European Explorations and the Louisiana Purchase.
More about Copyright and other RestrictionsFor guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Pittman, Philip, Captain. Plan of New Orleans. London, Printed for J. Nourse, 1770. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2003627090/.
APA citation style:
Pittman, P. (1770) Plan of New Orleans. London, Printed for J. Nourse. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003627090/.
MLA citation style:
Pittman, Philip, Captain. Plan of New Orleans. London, Printed for J. Nourse, 1770. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2003627090/>.
More Maps like this
MapLa Luisiana cedida al Rei N. S. por S. M. Christianisima, con la Nueva Orleans, è ... Scale ca. 1:1,250,000. Relief shown pictorially. "Longitud de la isla del Hierro." Shows Mississippi Valley north to the Canadian border. Includes inset of "Plano de la Nueva Orleans segun el de M....
- Contributor: Anville, Jean Baptiste Bourguignon D - López De Vargas Machuca, Tomás - Bellin, Jacques Nicolas
- Date: 1762
MapPlan of the city and suburbs of New Orleans : from an actual survey made in ... Relief shown by hachures. Oriented with north toward upper right. Includes ill. of buildings, with name and date of construction for each. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as...
- Contributor: Del Vecchio, Charles - Tanesse, I. - Maspero, P. - Rollinson, William
- Date: 1815
MapPlan de la Nouvelle Orleans. Includes index. Pulication information from atlas. In upper right corner: Tome 1 no 45. Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Bellin, Jacques Nicolas
- Date: 1764
MapDraught of the R. Ibbeville. Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- Contributor: Pittman, Philip
- Date: 1770
MapPlan de la Nouvelle Orleans. Relief shown pictorially. Cadastral map. Shows block numbers and location of existing buildings. Pen-and-ink. Mounted on cloth backing. Oriented with northwest at top. Copy annotated in pencil at bottom: 142566. Accompanied by:...
- Date: 1722