Map [Map of Henrico, Hanover and Caroline counties.]
About this Item
- [Map of Henrico, Hanover and Caroline counties.]
- Contributor Names
- Hotchkiss, Jedediah, 1828-1899.
- Created / Published
- S.l., 1864.
- Subject Headings
- - Henrico County (Va.)--Maps
- - Hanover County (Va.)--Maps
- - Caroline County (Va.)--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Henrico County
- - United States--Virginia--Hanover County
- - United States--Virginia--Caroline County
- - From the collection of an anonymous donor
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - "Examined May 19th 1864 J.H."
- 1 map : col. scan ; 31 x 27 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3883.H4 1864 .M3 TIL
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- From the collection of an anonymous donor Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image. "Examined May 19th 1864 J.H."
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hotchkiss, Jedediah. Map of Henrico, Hanover and Caroline counties. S.L, 1864. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2003627094/.
APA citation style:
Hotchkiss, J. (1864) Map of Henrico, Hanover and Caroline counties. S.L. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003627094/.
MLA citation style:
Hotchkiss, Jedediah. Map of Henrico, Hanover and Caroline counties. S.L, 1864. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2003627094/>.
More Maps like this
Map[Map of parts of Caroline, Hanover, and Henrico counties, Va., west of the Mattaponi River and ... Shows the names of some residents, some of the outer fortifications of Richmond and those along the railroad north of the South Anna River. Date, title, and scale from Stephenson's Civil War...
- Date: 186?
MapWhite House to Harrisons Landing
Campaign map, Army of the Potomac, map no 3 Description derived from published bibliography. Shows fortifications, towns, roads, railroads, houses, names of residents, vegetation, drainage, and relief by hachures. This item is in the Map Collection of the Library of Virginia;...
- Contributor: Dougal, William H. - United States. Army of the Potomac. Engineer Dept - Abbot, Henry L.
- Date: 1862
MapMap of the counties of Charles City, Goochland, Hanover, Henrico, King William, New Kent, and part ... "Chief Engineer's Office D.N.V. Maj. Gen. J.F. Gilmer, Chief Engineer."--apears above title. "Map from the Confederate Engineer Bureau in Richmond, Va. General J.F. Gilmer, Chief Engineer[.] Presented to the Virginia Historical Society...
- Contributor: Confederate States of America. Army. Dept. Of Northern Virginia. Chief Engineer's Office - Alexander, Edward Porter
- Date: 1864
Map[White House to Harrisons Landing]. Annonymous pen and ink manuscript map traced on linen from a portion of: White House to Harrisons Landing. Prepared by Capt. H.L. Abbot, topographical engineer, Army of the Potomac. Shows fortifications, towns,...
- Contributor: United States. Army of the Potomac. Engineer Dept - Abbot, Henry L.
- Date: 186?
MapMap showing the lines of entrenchments of the C.S. Army of Northern Va., [exten]ding from the ... Shows troop positions in Hanover County and names of some residents. Pen-and-ink on tracing paper, mounted on cloth. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H170 Imperfect: First five letters of "extending" cut...
- Contributor: Hotchkiss, Jedediah
- Date: 1864