Maps Pressler's map of the state of Texas
About this Item
- Pressler's map of the state of Texas
- Contributor Names
- Pressler, Chas. W.
- Jones, Root & Co.
- Created / Published
- Galveston, Tex. : Jones, Root & Co., 1858.
- Subject Headings
- - Texas--Maps
- - United States--Texas
- - "General Land Office, Austin, November 18th 1857."
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Shows longitude West from Greenwich and Washington.
- - "Entered according to an act of Congress, in the year 1858, by Jones, Root & Co. in the Clerks Office of the District Court of the Eastern District of Texas."
- - Includes table of contents, notes, and ill.
- - Insets: Map of the old colony -- Map of original land districts.
- - Sectioned and mounted on linen on two sheets
- - Copy imperfect: Torn in margins with holes and water stains throughout.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 118 x 131 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4030 1857 .P72
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Pressler, Chas. W, and Root & Co Jones. Pressler's map of the state of Texas. Galveston, Tex.: Jones, Root & Co, 1857. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003629296/. (Accessed September 27, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Pressler, C. W. & Jones, R. &. C. (1857) Pressler's map of the state of Texas. Galveston, Tex.: Jones, Root & Co. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003629296/.
MLA citation style:
Pressler, Chas. W, and Root & Co Jones. Pressler's map of the state of Texas. Galveston, Tex.: Jones, Root & Co, 1857. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2003629296/>.