Maps S.E. portion of Virginia and N.E. portion of N'th Carolina
About this Item
- S.E. portion of Virginia and N.E. portion of N'th Carolina
- Contributor Names
- Worret, Ch.
- Cram, Thomas Jefferson, 1807?-1883.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Tidewater (Va. : Region)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Tidewater (Va. : Region)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Albemarle Sound Region (N.C.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Albemarle Sound Region (N.C.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Virginia--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - North Carolina--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Tidewater (Region)
- - United States--North Carolina--Albemarle Sound Region
- - United States--Virginia
- - United States--North Carolina
- - Covers Tidewater Region (Va.) and Albemarle Sound Region (N.C.).
- - Shows fortifications, settlements, roads, railroads, canals, streams, swamps, and distances.
- - Pen-and-ink (black, red) and watercolors (blue, green).
- - Mounted under gauze covering, shellacked.
- - Includes text of "Military considerations" for isolating Norfolk (Va.) by capturing Suffolk (Va.).
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 476
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col., cloth backing ; 54 x 56 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3882.T5S5 186- .W6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsCram, Thomas Jefferson
LocationAlbemarle Sound Region
SubjectsAlbemarle Sound Region
Albemarle Sound Region (n.c.)
Tidewater (va. : Region)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Worret, Ch, and Thomas Jefferson Cram. S.E. portion of Virginia and N.E. portion of N'th Carolina. [186, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630424/. (Accessed October 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Worret, C. & Cram, T. J. (1861) S.E. portion of Virginia and N.E. portion of N'th Carolina.  [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630424/.
MLA citation style:
Worret, Ch, and Thomas Jefferson Cram. S.E. portion of Virginia and N.E. portion of N'th Carolina. [186, 1861] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630424/>.