Map Chattanooga Tenn. 1863
About this Item
- Chattanooga Tenn. 1863
- Blakeslee, G. H.
- Dolton, G. E. (George E.)
Created / Published
- - Chattanooga Region (Tenn.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Chattanooga Region (Tenn.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Chattanooga, Battle of, Chattanooga, Tenn., 1863--Maps, Manuscript
- - Fortification--Tennessee--Chattanooga--Maps
- - Chickamauga, Battle of, Ga., 1863--Maps
- - United States--Tennessee--Chattanooga Region
- - Chattanooga, Battle of, Chattanooga, Tenn
- - Chickamauga, Battle of, Ga
- - Sketch map showing fortifications, Union/Confederate picket lines, rifle pits, "Rebel camp[s]", roads, railroads, and streams.
- - Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- - Pen-and-ink (brown/red/blue).
- - Mounted on paper backing.
- - Watermark: Franklin Mills.
- - Imperfect: Trimmed at top, laminated.
- - Includes index of fort names.
- - Label with the figure "8" affixed to recto at lower right.
- - Printed map of Chickamauga vicinity by G.E. Dolton, Oct. 12, 1893, pasted on verso on paper backing.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 398.2
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 55 x 41 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3964.C3S5 1863 .B5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Blakeslee, G. H, and G. E Dolton. Chattanooga Tenn. 1863. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630438/.
APA citation style:
Blakeslee, G. H. & Dolton, G. E. (1863) Chattanooga Tenn. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630438/.
MLA citation style:
Blakeslee, G. H, and G. E Dolton. Chattanooga Tenn. 1863. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2003630438/>.