Maps Franklin--Tenn. profield [sic] June 1863
About this Item
- Franklin--Tenn. profield [sic] June 1863
- Other Title
- Franklin--Tenn. profiled June 1863
- Contributor Names
- Blakeslee, G. H.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Franklin Region (Tenn.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Franklin Region (Tenn.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Franklin, Battle of, Franklin, Tenn., 1864--Maps
- - Lookout Mountain Region (Appalachian Mountains)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Lookout Mountain, Battle of, Tenn., 1863--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Tennessee--Franklin Region
- - United States--Tennessee--Lookout Mountain Region (Appalachian Mountains)
- - Lookout Mountain, Battle of, Tenn
- - Sketch map showing troop positions, roads, railroads, streams, and location of the "Cherry tree where was [sic] hung the rebel spies Col. Williams and Lieut. W.G. Peter--June 10, 1863".
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Pen-and-ink (brown/red/dark blue).
- - Added in red ink below title: Position of troops at the battle here, added since close of the war--G.H.B.
- - Mounted on paper backing.
- - Watermark: Franklin Mills.
- - Imperfect: Scattered water stains.
- - Includes ill.: Carter House, west of Columbia Pike -- Gin house, east of Columbia Pike -- Bridge over the Harpeth.
- - Two maps pasted on verso on paper backing: [Unattributed ms. map of Lookout Mountain vicinity] -- [Printed map of Lookout Mountain vicinity] / copy by G.H. Blakeslee, Feb. 1893, from a map made by him in 1864.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 417.5
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Gift; Mrs. Geo. W. Volk, Lexington, Neb.; Jan. 1966.
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 39 x 51 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3964.F7S5 1863 .B5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsBlakeslee, G. H.
Lookout Mountain Region
Franklin Region (tenn.)
Franklin, Battle Of, Franklin, Tenn.
Lookout Mountain Region (appalachian Mountains)
Lookout Mountain, Battle Of, Tenn
Lookout Mountain, Battle Of, Tenn.
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Blakeslee, G. H. [Franklin--Tenn. profield sic June 1863]. 1863. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630448/. (Accessed October 27, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Blakeslee, G. H. (1863) [Franklin--Tenn. profield sic June 1863]. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630448/.
MLA citation style:
Blakeslee, G. H. [Franklin--Tenn. profield sic June 1863]. 1863. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630448/>.