Map Map of Nashville, Tennessee.
About this Item
- Map of Nashville, Tennessee.
- United States. Army. Military Division of the Mississippi. Chief Engrs. Office.
- Poe, O. M. (Orlando Metcalfe), 1832-1895.
Created / Published
- - Nashville (Tenn.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Buildings--Tennessee--Nashville--Maps
- - Nashville (Tenn.)--Buildings, structures, etc.--Maps
- - United States--Tennessee--Nashville
- - Detailed city map showing streets, railroads, all buildings (major ones identified), larger land tracts with owners' names, and streams.
- - Relief shown by fold lines.
- - Pen-and-ink (black) and lead pencil.
- - Signed in ink handwriting at bottom: From Chief Eng'rs Office, H'd Qu'rs Mil'y Div'n of the Mis., O.M. Poe, Capt. & Actg. Chf. Eng'r.
- - Oriented with north toward the lower right.
- - Mounted on cloth backing.
- - Includes bar scale in 500-ft. intervals.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 433.2
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map ; on sheet 58 x 101 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3964.N2 186- .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Poe, O. M. (Orlando Metcalfe)
- United States. Army. Military Division of the Mississippi. Chief Engrs. Office
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Army. Military Division Of The Mississippi. Chief Engrs. Office, and O. M Poe. Map of Nashville, Tennessee. [186, 1860] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630459/.
APA citation style:
United States Army. Military Division Of The Mississippi. Chief Engrs. Office & Poe, O. M. (1860) Map of Nashville, Tennessee.  [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630459/.
MLA citation style:
United States Army. Military Division Of The Mississippi. Chief Engrs. Office, and O. M Poe. Map of Nashville, Tennessee. [186, 1860] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2003630459/>.