Map Copy of a map military reconnaissance Dep't Va. : [Hampton Roads and Norfolk regions, Va.]
About this Item
- Copy of a map military reconnaissance Dep't Va. : [Hampton Roads and Norfolk regions, Va.]
- Worret, Ch.
- Cram, Thomas Jefferson, 1807?-1883.
- Hitchcock, Ethan Allen, 1798-1870.
- United States. Army. Department of Virginia.
Created / Published
- - Hampton Roads (Va. : Region)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Hampton Roads (Va. : Region)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Hampton Roads, Battle of, Va.--Maps, Manuscript
- - Norfolk Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Norfolk Region (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Virginia--Hampton Roads Region
- - United States--Virginia--Norfolk Region
- - Hampton Roads, Battle of, Va
- - Map of the Hampton Roads vicinity showing Confederate fortifications/camps, settlements, city street patterns, roads, railroads, canals, streams, vegetation, and swamps.
- - "Note--This map shows the positions of the rebel forces and their batteries as they were some six weeks since."
- - Locates the "Minnesota 8 & 9 March 1862 on ground" and the "Monitor & Merrimac engagement on the 9th of March 1862".
- - Relief shown by hachures. Depths shown by soundings and contours.
- - In lower margin at left: For Maj. Gen'l Hitchcock, U.S. Vol., with the regards of T.J. Cram.
- - Pen-and-ink (black/red) and watercolors (blue/green/orange).
- - Imperfect: Fold-lined, torn at central fold line.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 559
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Includes text in lower margin and lengthy notes in map area.
- 1 ms. map : col., tracing linen ; 65 x 93 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3882.H3S5 1862 .W6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Cram, Thomas Jefferson
- Hitchcock, Ethan Allen
- United States. Army. Department of Virginia
- Worret, Ch.
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Worret, Ch, Thomas Jefferson Cram, Ethan Allen Hitchcock, and United States Army. Department Of Virginia. Copy of a map military reconnaissance Dep't Va.: Hampton Roads and Norfolk regions, Va.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630497/.
APA citation style:
Worret, C., Cram, T. J., Hitchcock, E. A. & United States Army. Department Of Virginia. (1862) Copy of a map military reconnaissance Dep't Va.: Hampton Roads and Norfolk regions, Va. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630497/.
MLA citation style:
Worret, Ch, et al. Copy of a map military reconnaissance Dep't Va.: Hampton Roads and Norfolk regions, Va.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2003630497/>.