Map Vessels destroyed at Norfolk 1861.
About this Item
- Vessels destroyed at Norfolk 1861.
- United States Coast Survey
Created / Published
- - Norfolk (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Portsmouth (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Historic ships--Virginia--Norfolk--Maps
- - Harbors--Virginia--Norfolk--Maps
- - Norfolk Naval Shipyard (U.S.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Virginia--Norfolk
- - United States--Virginia--Portsmouth
- - Sketch map of "U.S. Navy Yard" vicinity at Portsmouth (Va.) showing buildings, shipbuilding docks, drydock, buoys, and locations of the scuttled U.S. ships "Pennsylvania", "Columbia", "Raritan", and "Delaware".
- - Title from verso (red-ink handwriting).
- - Pen-and-ink (black and red).
- - Rubber-stamped at lower right: U.S.C. & G. Survey, Library and Archives, Feb. 21 1902, Ass. No. 738 X [no. handwritten in black ink].
- - Handwritten in black ink at lower right: Sheet n. 2; handwritten in black ink on label affixed at lower right corner: 863.
- - Handwritten and exxed over in red ink on recto and verso: M. Section III. 16.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 588
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col., tracing linen ; on sheet 45 x 61 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3884.N6S5 1861 .U5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
United States Coast Survey. Vessels destroyed at Norfolk. [?, 1800] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630506/.
APA citation style:
United States Coast Survey. (1800) Vessels destroyed at Norfolk. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630506/.
MLA citation style:
United States Coast Survey. Vessels destroyed at Norfolk. [?, 1800] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2003630506/>.