Maps Fords on Occoquan and Bull Run : [Northern Virginia].
About this Item
- Fords on Occoquan and Bull Run : [Northern Virginia].
- Contributor Names
- Harrston, Col.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Fords (Stream crossings)--Virginia--Occoquan River--Maps
- - Fords (Stream crossings)--Virginia--Bull Run (Loudoun County-Fairfax County and Prince William County)--Maps
- - Occoquan River (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Occoquan River (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Bull Run (Loudoun County-Fairfax County and Prince William County, Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Bull Run (Loudoun County-Fairfax County and Prince William County, Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Manassas Region (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Roads--Virginia--Manassas Region--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Occoquan River
- - United States--Virginia--Bull Run (Loudoun County-Prince William County and Fairfax County-Prince William County)
- - United States--Virginia--Manassas Region
- - Covers Occoquan River from Bland's Ford to entrance of Bull Run and covers Bull Run from entrance of Cub Run to mouth.
- - Shows fords, military roads, common roads, H.Q. Manassas Station, settlements, wooded areas, and streams.
- - Pen-and-ink (red and black) and watercolors (blue and light green).
- - "For Col. Harrston" handwritten in lead pencil below legend.
- - In ink handwriting on cloth backing: Col. Harrston.
- - Oriented with north toward the upper right.
- - LC copy imperfect: Fold-lined.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 593
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Transfer (Jubal Early Collection); LC Manuscript Division; Apr. 17, 1933.
- 1 ms. map : col., mounted on cloth backing ; on sheet 42 x 37 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3882.O26S5 186- .F6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Prince William County
SubjectsBull Run (loudoun County-Fairfax County and Prince William County)
Bull Run (loudoun County-Fairfax County and Prince William County, Va.)
Bull Run (loudoun County-Prince William County and Fairfax County-Prince William County)
Fords (stream Crossings)
Manassas Region (va.)
Occoquan River (va.)
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Harrston, Col. [Fords on Occoquan and Bull Run: Northern Virginia].  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630511/. (Accessed August 25, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Harrston, C. [Fords on Occoquan and Bull Run: Northern Virginia].  [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630511/.
MLA citation style:
Harrston, Col. [Fords on Occoquan and Bull Run: Northern Virginia].  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630511/>.