Maps York River and Mobajack [sic] Bay, Va.
About this Item
- York River and Mobajack [sic] Bay, Va.
- Other Title
- York River and Mobjack Bay, Va.
- Contributor Names
- Humphreys, A. A. (Andrew Atkinson), 1810-1883.
- Franklin, William Buel, 1823-1903.
- United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - York River (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - York River (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Mobjack Bay Region (Va.)--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Maps
- - Mobjack Bay Region (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Nautical charts--Virginia--York River Estuary
- - Nautical charts--Virginia--Mobjack Bay Region
- - United States--Virginia--York River
- - United States--Virginia--Mobjack Bay Region
- - Depths shown by soundings.
- - Shows roads, settlements, farmsteads with residents' names, battery on North River tributary, and low-water line.
- - Title (in ink handwriting) from verso.
- - Pen-and-ink (black and red).
- - Oriented with north to the right.
- - Imperfect: Fold-lined.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 672.5
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col., tracing linen ; on sheet 66 x 70 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3882.Y6S5 1862 .H8
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsFranklin, William Buel
Humphreys, A. A.
Humphreys, A. A. (andrew Atkinson)
United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers
LocationMobjack Bay Region
York River Estuary
Mobjack Bay Region
Mobjack Bay Region (va.)
York River (va.)
York River Estuary
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Humphreys, A. A, William Buel Franklin, and United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers. [York River and Mobajack sic Bay, Va]. [?, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630521/. (Accessed July 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Humphreys, A. A., Franklin, W. B. & United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers. (1862) [York River and Mobajack sic Bay, Va]. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630521/.
MLA citation style:
Humphreys, A. A, William Buel Franklin, and United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers. [York River and Mobajack sic Bay, Va]. [?, 1862] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2003630521/>.