Maps Theatrum orbis terrarum.
About this Item
- Theatrum orbis terrarum.
- Other Title
- Theatrvm orbis terrarvm
- Contributor Names
- Ortelius, Abraham, 1527-1598.
- Diesth, Aegid. Coppenius (Aegidius Coppenius).
- Llwyd, Humphrey, 1527-1568.
- Created / Published
- Antverpie : Apud Aegid. Coppenium Diesth, 1570.
- Subject Headings
- - Atlases, Dutch--Early works to 1800
- - Geography--Early works to 1800
- - Earth
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Colophon: 20 Mai 1570.
- - Catalogus auctorum includes 87 names. T.p. verso blank.
- - Includes 53 map sheets, with descriptive text on verso.
- - Staining from pigment on facing pages. Blank leaves inserted between map sheets.
- - Front cover displays the name and arms of Jean, comte de Hoya, bishop of Münster and Osnabrück (1566-74).
- - Phillips, 3389
- - Koeman, C. Atlantes Neerlandici, Ort 1A
- - Includes "De Mona druidum insula" by H. Llwyd.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - G&M microfilm 133.
- 1 atlas ([14 p.],  leaves,  p.) : hand col. maps ; 43 cm. (fol.)
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G1006 .T5 1570
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Articles and Essays with this item:
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ortelius, Abraham, Aegid. Coppenius Diesth, and Humphrey Llwyd. Theatrum Orbis Terrarum. Antverpie: Apud Aegid. Coppenium Diesth, 1570. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003683482/. (Accessed September 26, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Ortelius, A., Diesth, A. C. & Llwyd, H. (1570) Theatrum Orbis Terrarum. Antverpie: Apud Aegid. Coppenium Diesth. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003683482/.
MLA citation style:
Ortelius, Abraham, Aegid. Coppenius Diesth, and Humphrey Llwyd. Theatrum Orbis Terrarum. Antverpie: Apud Aegid. Coppenium Diesth, 1570. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2003683482/>.