Map Theatrvm orbis terrarvm. Theatrum orbis terrarum
About this Item
- Theatrvm orbis terrarvm.
- Other Title
- Theatrum orbis terrarum
- Contributor Names
- Ortelius, Abraham, 1527-1598.
- Diesth, Aegid. Coppenius (Aegidius Coppenius).
- Llwyd, Humphrey, 1527-1568.
- Created / Published
- Antverpiae : Apud Aegid. Coppenium Diesth, 1570.
- Subject Headings
- - Geography--Early works to 1800
- - Earth
- World atlases
- - Relief shown pictorially.
- - Colophon: 20 Mai 1570.
- - Catalogus auctorum includes 87 names. T.p. verso blank.
- - Includes 53 map sheets, with descriptive text on verso.
- - Acid offset on facing pages. Blank leaves inserted between map sheets.
- - Front cover displays the name and arms of Jean, comte de Hoya, bishop of Münster and Osnabrück (1566-74).
- - Phillips, 3389
- - Koeman, C. Atlantes Neerlandici, Ort 1A
- - Includes "De Mona druidum insula" by H. Llwyd.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - G&M microfilm 133.
- 1 atlas ([14 p.],  leaves,  p.) : hand col. maps ; 43 cm. (fol.)
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G1006 .T5 1570
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Ortelius, Abraham, Aegid. Coppenius Diesth, and Humphrey Llwyd. Theatrvm Orbis Terrarvm. Antverpiae: Apud Aegid. Coppenium Diesth, 1570. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2003683482/.
APA citation style:
Ortelius, A., Diesth, A. C. & Llwyd, H. (1570) Theatrvm Orbis Terrarvm. Antverpiae: Apud Aegid. Coppenium Diesth. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2003683482/.
MLA citation style:
Ortelius, Abraham, Aegid. Coppenius Diesth, and Humphrey Llwyd. Theatrvm Orbis Terrarvm. Antverpiae: Apud Aegid. Coppenium Diesth, 1570. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2003683482/>.
More Maps like this
MapTheatrvm orbis terrarvm.
Theatrum orbis terrarum Relief shown pictorially. Catalogus auctorum includes 92 names. Epigram on t.p. verso has 16 lines. Includes 53 map sheets, with descriptive text on verso. Phillips, 374, copy 1 Koeman, C. Atlantes Neerlandici,...
- Contributor: Ortelius, Abraham - Llwyd, Humphrey - Diesth, Aegid. Coppenius (Aegidius Coppenius)
- Date: 1570
MapTypvs orbis terrarvm Relief shown pictorially. Includes text. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Acquisitions control no. 19-85 Vault
- Contributor: Ortelius, Abraham
- Date: 1628
MapAtlas maritimus or, the sea-atlas : being a book of maratime (sic) charts describing the coasts, ...
Sea-atlas, containing an hydrographical description of the sea-coasts of most of the known parts of the world Relief shown pictorially on some maps. Depths shown by soundings on some maps. Engraved title page. Phillips, 3455 Includes "Mapp of the world" on engraved title page. Available also through the Library...
- Contributor: Thornton, John
- Date: 1700
Loots atlas Nautical charts with numerous place-names along coastlines. Depths shown by soundings. Title from citation in Philip Lee Phillips' A list of geographical atlases, p. 246. Most maps in Dutch; text and titles...
- Contributor: Loots, Johannes
- Date: 1705
MapCedid atlas tercümesi Relief shown pictorially. In Ottoman Turkish. Maps based on William Faden's plates for his General atlas. Introductory text: Ucaletü'l-coğrafiyye / Mahmud Rai̇f. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as...
- Contributor: Tab'hane-Yi Hümayun (Istanbul, Turkey) - Faden, William - Mahmud Raif Efendi
- Date: 1803