Book/Printed Material AskOxford.com Oxford dictionaries. AskOxford :
About this Item
- AskOxford.com Oxford dictionaries.
- Other Title
- AskOxford :
- "In addition to including searchable access to the Compact Oxford English Dictionary, this site features many other helpful resources for writers and students. The site is divided into several sections: Ask the Experts, World of Words, Better Writing, Games, Global English, and Foreign Languages. Each area has outstanding features, such as the wonderful "borrowings into English," in the Global English section. This section allows the user to click on a map and see what words from the chosen country have been adopted into the English language -- did you know that both 'bug' and 'flannel' are Welsh words? Other resources are just as enjoyable, interesting -- and practical. This site would be an exceptional teaching tool for upper-level high school English classes or lower level college students"--"Best Free Reference Web Sites 2004." RUSA Quarterly, Fall 2004; reviewed Mar. 23, 2004.
- Created / Published
- [Oxford, England?] : Oxford University Press
- Subject Headings
- - English language--Dictionaries
- - English language--Grammar
- - English language--Rhetoric
- - English language--Lexicography
- - English language--Miscellanea
- - Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- - Title from home page (viewed on Nov. 5, 2004).
- Call Number/Physical Location
- Digital Id
- http://www.askoxford.com/?view=uk External
- Library of Congress Control Number
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
AskOxford.com Oxford dictionaries. [Oxford, England?: Oxford University Press, 2004] Web.. https://lccn.loc.gov/2004540037.
APA citation style:
(2004) AskOxford.com Oxford dictionaries. [Oxford, England?: Oxford University Press] [Web.] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://lccn.loc.gov/2004540037.
MLA citation style:
AskOxford.com Oxford dictionaries. [Oxford, England?: Oxford University Press, 2004] Web.. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <lccn.loc.gov/2004540037>.
More Books/Printed Material like this
Book/Printed MaterialThe study of English. Also available in digital form.
- Contributor: Crawford, Douglas Gordon
- Date: 1919
Book/Printed MaterialAn introduction to the use of the English language, grammar and rhetoric combined. Also available in digital form.
- Contributor: Alden, Joseph
- Date: 1875
Book/Printed MaterialThe following is a specimen of the lexicography of Webster's dictionary ... Caption title. Date of publication from Shoemaker. Shoemaker 27588 Source: Transfer from Manuscript Division, Library of Congress, Dec. 1937-June 1938. Formerly part of the James Madison Papers, vol. 80, p. 27. Catalog...
- Contributor: Webster, Noah - James Madison Pamphlet Collection (Library of Congress)
- Date: 1826
Book/Printed MaterialFilologicheskīi︠a︡ razyskanīi︠a︡ akademika I︠A︡.K. Grota : materialy dli︠a︡ slovari︠a︡, grammatiki i istorīi russkago i︠a︡zyka Includes bibliographical references. Also available in digital form.
- Contributor: Imperatorskai︠a︡ Akademīi︠a︡ Nauk (Russia). Otdi︠e︡lenīe Russkago I︠a︡zyka I Slovesnosti - Grot, I︠a︡. K. (I︠a︡kov Karlovich)
- Date: 1873
Book/Printed MaterialThe plan of a dictionary of the English language; addressed to the Right Honourable Philip Dormer, ... ESTC T42414 Also available in digital form on the Library of Congress Web site. LAC tnb 2019-10-15 update (1 card) LAC ecr 2019-10-21 review
- Contributor: Johnson, Samuel
- Date: 1747