Map Map of the Howland Place, Whitestone Avenue, Flushing, L.I.
About this Item
- Map of the Howland Place, Whitestone Avenue, Flushing, L.I.
- Contributor Names
- Miller & Co.
- Created / Published
- N.Y. [i.e. New York] : Miller's Lith., [1845?]
- Subject Headings
- - Flushing (New York, N.Y.)--Surveys--Maps
- - Real property--New York (State)--New York--Maps
- - Land use, Rural--New York (State)--New York--Maps
- - United States--New York (State)--New York--Flushing
- - United States--New York (State)--New York
- - Property survey map of tracts in Flushing, Queens County, Long Island, N.Y.
- - Shows tract lines, dimensions, tract-line compass orientations, buildings, trees, field usage identifications, and street names.
- - Hand watercolored in green, pink, and blue to show unidentified land subdivisions.
- - Imperfect: Shellacked, cracked, mounted on cloth backing.
- - Includes bar "Scale of chains".
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 map : hand col. ; 41 x 55 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3804.N4:2F5G46 1845 .M5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Miller & Co. Map of the Howland Place, Whitestone Avenue, Flushing, L.I. [N.Y. i.e. New York: Miller's Lith., ?, 1845] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2004625799/.
APA citation style:
Miller & Co. (1845) Map of the Howland Place, Whitestone Avenue, Flushing, L.I. [N.Y. i.e. New York: Miller's Lith., ?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2004625799/.
MLA citation style:
Miller & Co. Map of the Howland Place, Whitestone Avenue, Flushing, L.I. [N.Y. i.e. New York: Miller's Lith., ?, 1845] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2004625799/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of property situated in the village of Flushing, Queens County, L.I., belonging to Gabriel Winter Cadastral map showing lot lines, dimensions, buildings (residential/non-residential), and some owners' names. Imperfect: Fold-lined, wrinkled, torn at fold lines, annotated in lead pencil/red ink to show additional lot/ownership info. Includes notes. Available...
- Contributor: Winter, Gabriel - Smith, Elijah A. - Perkins Sun Lithographic Establishment
- Date: 1850
MapThe village of Flushing, Queens County, L.I. : nine miles east of the city of New ... Cadastral map of the incorporated village of Flushing showing lot lines, dimensions, buildings (residential/non-residential), landholders' names, marshlands, and village boundary. Oriented with north to the left. Includes text, vicinity inset (northern Queens...
- Contributor: Smith, Elijah A. - G. Hayward Lith
- Date: 1841
MapMap of about 8000 acres of land on Spring Brook in the towns of Pittston and ...
Map of about eight thousand acres of land on Spring Brook in the towns of Pittston and Covington, County of Luzerne, State of Pennsylvania | Copy of map of Spring Brook lands--sent to T.L. Maxwell Oct 8/60. Ms. (watercolors, pencil, pen-and-ink) landownership map on printed base map showing hand-col. rev. property holdings in Spring Brook and Covington townships, Lackawanna County, Penna. (Lackawanna County was formed in 1878 from part...
- Contributor: Miller & Co.
- Date: 1871
MapMap of a piece of property in the village of Flushing belonging to Isaac Peck Esqr. Real-property survey showing tract lines, dimensions in feet, line orientations in compass degrees, adjacent street name, and names of adjacent landowners. Oriented with north toward the lower right. India ink. Handwritten no....
- Date: 187?
MapMap of Cazenovia, Madison Co., N.Y. Cadastral survey wall map showing buildings, lot lines, and landowners' names. Relief shown by hachures. Originally issued as a wall map; wooden rods removed from top and bottom edges of sheet. Available...
- Contributor: Hart, Henry - Miller & Co.
- Date: 1852