Map Plan of the N.W. frontier Plan of the northwest frontier
About this Item
- Plan of the N.W. frontier
- Other Title
- Plan of the northwest frontier
- Contributor Names
- Clark, William, 1770-1838.
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Mississippi River Valley--Maps, Manuscript
- - Missouri River Valley--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Mississippi River Valley
- - United States--Missouri River Valley
- - Shows the Mississippi River from St. Anthony Falls to St. Louis, the Missouri River west to South Dakota, the Illinois River east to Lake Michigan, and tributaries.
- - Title from verso.
- - Gift; Woodbury Blair, Minna Blair Richey, Gist Blair, and Montgomery Blair; 1903.
- - Pen-and-ink, mounted on paper.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - Exhibited: Rivers, edens, empires: Lewis & Clark and the revealing of America, Library of Congress, Washington, D.C., July 24-Nov. 29, 2003.
- - Includes list of distances to various points via riverways from Prairie du Chien and St. Louis.
- - Imperfect: Fold-lined, staining throughout, darkest in the middle.
- 1 ms. map ; 26 x 40 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G4042.M5 1813 .C5
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Clark, William. Plan of the N.W. frontier. [?, 1813] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2004626033/.
APA citation style:
Clark, W. (1813) Plan of the N.W. frontier. [?] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2004626033/.
MLA citation style:
Clark, William. Plan of the N.W. frontier. [?, 1813] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2004626033/>.
More Maps like this
MapA map of part of the continent of North America : between the 35th and 51st ... Relief shown by shading. Covers western North America, from Lake Michigan and Lake Superior to the Pacific Ocean, including southern Canada and northern Mexico. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. Available also through the Library...
- Contributor: King, N. (Nicholas) - Clark, William - Lewis, Meriwether
- Date: 1805
Map[Lewis and Clark map, with annotations in brown ink by Meriwether Lewis, tracing showing the Mississippi, ... Pen and ink. Author information provided by Prof. Donald Jackson, 1/12/1977. Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image. See also: pp. 97-103 of Allen's Passage through...
- Contributor: Lewis, Meriwether - Clark, William - King, N. (Nicholas) - King, N.
- Date: 1803
MapCarte de la Province et Colonie de la Louisiane, dans la partie Septentrionnal de l'Amerique
Carte de la Louisiane | Carte a le main de la Louisiane Shows the Mississippi River and tributaries from the Illinois River south to the Gulf of Mexico. Gift; Partial funding for this purchase from the Ed Cox Legacy Fund; 2007. Pen-and-ink and watercolor....
- Contributor: Le Page Du Pratz
- Date: 1735
Map[Map of Missouri River and vicinity from Saint Charles, Missouri, to Mandan villages of North Dakota ... Date from accompanying text. Relief shown by symbols for "Black Mountains" or Black Hills. Some place names in both English and French. Based on surveys up to the Mandan-Hidatsa villages by James...
- Contributor: Mackay, James - Harrison, William Henry - Evans, John - Finiels, Nicolas De. - Lewis, Meriwether - Clark, William
- Date: 1798
Map[Map of the Peninsula of Florida]. Depths shown by soundings. Shows the Peninsula of Florida and adjacent islands from Rio de las Flores and includes coastline, coastal features, and pictorial representation of palm trees along the Atlantic Coast...
- Contributor: Vinckeboons, Joan
- Date: 1639