Maps Part of northern Georgia
About this Item
- Part of northern Georgia
- Contributor Names
- Merrill, W. E. (William Emery), 1837-1891.
- Margedant, Wm. C. (William C.)
- United States. Army. Corps of Topographical Engineers.
- Created / Published
- [Washington, D.C. : Topographical Engineer's Office, 1864]
- Subject Headings
- - Georgia--Maps
- - United States--Georgia
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - "Official issue. Wm. C. Margedant, Capt. & Supt. Topl. Eng'r. Office, D.C."
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), S31, S32
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - Compass points annotated in blue pencil at middle right.
- - LC copy imperfect: Fold-lined, minor staining along center fold and edges.
- 1 map : cloth ; 52 x 33 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3920 1864 .M43
- G3920 1864 .M43 Copy 2 Vault : Sher 32 Compass points not present, annotated in pencil in lower-right margin: "Marietta."
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Merrill, W. E, Wm. C Margedant, and United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers. Part of northern Georgia. [Washington, D.C.: Topographical Engineer's Office, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2004629016/. (Accessed January 20, 2017.)
APA citation style:
Merrill, W. E., Margedant, W. C. & United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers. (1864) Part of northern Georgia. [Washington, D.C.: Topographical Engineer's Office] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2004629016/.
MLA citation style:
Merrill, W. E, Wm. C Margedant, and United States Army. Corps Of Topographical Engineers. Part of northern Georgia. [Washington, D.C.: Topographical Engineer's Office, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2004629016/>.