Map La herdike enterprinse faict par le Signeur Draeck D'Avoir cirquit toute la Terre
About this Item
- La herdike enterprinse faict par le Signeur Draeck D'Avoir cirquit toute la Terre
- Contributor Names
- Sype, Nicola van, 1589-1641.
- Hans and Hanni Kraus Sir Francis Drake Collection (Library of Congress)
- Created / Published
- [Antwerp? : s.n., 1581]
- Subject Headings
- - Voyages around the world--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - Discoveries in geography--Maps--Early works to 1800
- - World maps--Early works to 1800
- - Drake, Francis,--approximately 1540-1596--Travel
- - Earth
- - Includes two inset maps and a portrait of Francis Drake.
- - Kraus, H.P. Sir Francis Drake, 48
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as a raster image.
- - Gift of Hans P. and Hanni Kraus.
- 1 map ; 24 x 44 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3201.S12 1581 .S9
- Library of Congress Rare Book and Special Collections Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- OCLC Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Sype, Nicola Van, and Hans And Hanni Kraus Sir Francis Drake Collection. La herdike enterprinse faict par le Signeur Draeck D'Avoir cirquit toute la Terre. [Antwerp?: s.n, 1581] Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2004629174/.
APA citation style:
Sype, N. V. & Hans And Hanni Kraus Sir Francis Drake Collection. (1581) La herdike enterprinse faict par le Signeur Draeck D'Avoir cirquit toute la Terre. [Antwerp?: s.n] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2004629174/.
MLA citation style:
Sype, Nicola Van, and Hans And Hanni Kraus Sir Francis Drake Collection. La herdike enterprinse faict par le Signeur Draeck D'Avoir cirquit toute la Terre. [Antwerp?: s.n, 1581] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2004629174/>.
More Maps like this
MapVera totius expeditionis nauticæ : descriptio D. Franc. Draci ... Shows routes around the world of Sir Francis Drake between 1577 and 1580 and Thomas Cavendish between 1586 and 1588. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster...
- Contributor: Power, Robert H. - Hondius, Jodocus
- Date: 1595
MapBowles's new and accurate map of the world, or Terrestrial globe : laid down from the ... Shows various expedition routes. Relief shown pictorially. Includes text and col. ill. Ancillary maps: Solar system -- Northern hemisphere -- Southern hemisphere -- Astronomical latitude and longitude analemma -- Universal scale of...
- Contributor: Bowles, Carington
- Date: 1780
MapCarte generale de la terre : appliquée a l'astronomie pour l'etude de la géographie terrestre et ... Relief shown pictorially. Includes text, table of climates, table of coordinates, and ill. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Fold-lined. On verso in manuscript ink...
- Contributor: Flecheux, M.
- Date: 1782
MapGlobo terrestre Relief shown pictorially. Gores for a 34 cm. globe. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Gift; Summit Enterprise, Inc.; May 2003. All sheets folded horizontally,...
- Contributor: Calcografia Camerale (Rome, Italy) - Cassini, Gio. Ma. (Giovanni Maria)
- Date: 1790
MapA new map of the world : with all the new discoveries by Capt. Cook and ... Relief shown pictorially. Also shows lines of magnetic variation and marine wind-direction arrows. "Published as the Act directs, Aug't 1st 1799, by I. Evans, No. 41 Long Lane, West Smithfield." Originally printed...
- Contributor: Kitchen, T. (Thomas) - Kitchen, T. - Evans, John
- Date: 1799