Maps Wu bei zhi
About this Item
- Wu bei zhi
- Contributor Names
- Mao, Yuanyi, 1594-1640.
- Created / Published
- [China : s.n. ; not before 1644]
- Subject Headings
- - Military art and science--China--History--Maps
- - China--History--Ming dynasty, 1368-1644--Sources
- - Zheng, He,--1371-1435
- - China
- - Wood block print.
- - "Juan 240" shows Zheng He's voyager route from Nanjing, passing through South East Asia, Indian Ocean, Red Sea, all the way to Persian Gulf.
- - Early Qing Dynasty ed., prefaced Tianqi 1 (1621).
- - Juan (chapter) 240 is one of 80 volumes in 8 cases (30 x 19 cm.).
- - "Wu bei zhi juan er bai si shi."
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - The 80 vols. set is kept in Chinese Rare Book Cage.
- - On double leaves, oriental style.
- 1 atlas (1 v. (unpaged)) : maps ; 30 x 19 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G2306.R5 M3 1644
- Library of Congress Asian Division Washington, D.C. 20540 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- online text
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Map Collections materials were either published prior to 1922, produced by the United States government, or both (see catalogue records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for educational and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials.
Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Mao, Yuanyi. Wu Bei Zhi. [China: s.n. ; not before, 1644] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2004633695/. (Accessed October 21, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Mao, Y. (1644) Wu Bei Zhi. [China: s.n. ; not before] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2004633695/.
MLA citation style:
Mao, Yuanyi. Wu Bei Zhi. [China: s.n. ; not before, 1644] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2004633695/>.