Maps Map of a portion of eastern Virginia, from a map in progress
About this Item
- Map of a portion of eastern Virginia, from a map in progress
- Contributor Names
- Patton, J. Houston.
- Campbell, Albert H. (Albert Henry), 1826-1899.
- Gilmer, Jeremy Francis, 1818-1883.
- Confederate States of America. Army. Department of Northern Virginia. Chief Engineer's Office.
- Created / Published
- [Richmond : Chief Engineer's Office, D.N.V.], 1864.
- Subject Headings
- - Virginia--Maps
- - Landowners--Virginia--Maps
- - United States--Virginia
- - Shows names of some residents.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Sun print on paper composed of a number of sheets pasted together, sectioned in two, and mounted on cloth. Penciled 3/8-inch grid and ink annotations.
- - At head of title: Chief Engineer's Office, D.N.V. Maj. Genl. J.F. Gilmer Chief Eng'r.
- - "Sanxay and Gomert's patent."
- - "Approved April 22nd, 1864 Albert H. Campbell ..."
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H18
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- - LC copy imperfect: Losses along edges. Top and right side of map have holes and discoloration.
- - Earlier version of Hotch 18a showing fewer resident's names in the base map.
- 1 map : photocopy ; 92 x 101 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3880 1864 .P32
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
ContributorsCampbell, Albert H. (Albert Henry)
Confederate States of America. Army. Department of Northern Virginia. Chief Engineer's Office
Gilmer, Jeremy Francis
Patton, J. Houston
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Hotchkiss Map Collection were published prior to 1922 (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Photographic copies of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. The reproductions in this collection are made from digital images. Digital reproductions in TIFF format are also available.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Patton, J. Houston, Albert H Campbell, Jeremy Francis Gilmer, and Confederate States Of America. Army. Department Of Northern Virginia. Chief Engineer'S Office. Map of a portion of eastern Virginia, from a map in progress. [Richmond: Chief Engineer's Office, D.N.V, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2004633828/. (Accessed December 02, 2016.)
APA citation style:
Patton, J. H., Campbell, A. H., Gilmer, J. F. & Confederate States Of America. Army. Department Of Northern Virginia. Chief Engineer'S Office. (1864) Map of a portion of eastern Virginia, from a map in progress. [Richmond: Chief Engineer's Office, D.N.V] [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2004633828/.
MLA citation style:
Patton, J. Houston, et al. Map of a portion of eastern Virginia, from a map in progress. [Richmond: Chief Engineer's Office, D.N.V, 1864] Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2004633828/>.