Book/Printed Material [Dzayn aṛ baghdzalin ...] Girkʻ parapmantsʻ Srboyn Kiwrghi Episkoposi Aghekʻsandru Hayrapeti Haghags Mardanaloy Miatsnin
About this Item
- [Dzayn aṛ baghdzalin ...]
- Girkʻ parapmantsʻ Srboyn Kiwrghi Episkoposi Aghekʻsandru Hayrapeti Haghags Mardanaloy Miatsnin
- The Armenian alphabet was created in about 406. Translations of biblical and religious texts began almost immediately thereafter. Presented here is an early 18th century printed edition of a compilation of translations from the Greek in a volume entitled A Cry to the Desirable One. The most significant translation is of Saint Cyril of Alexandria's Concerning the Incarnation of the Only-Begotten. The volume also includes translations of other Greek sources as well as the texts of theological treatises originally written in Armenian. Cyril (circa 370-444) was patriarch of Alexandria and a prominent defender of orthodoxy against Nestorius (died circa 451), the patriarch of Constantinople, and founder of the Nestorian heresy and of the Nestorian church. Cyril and Nestorius differed over the exact nature of the divinity of Christ, an especially important subject to the early church and one addressed in Cyril's Concerning the Incarnation of the Only-Begotten. World Digital Library.
- Cyril, Saint, Patriarch of Alexandria, approximately 370-444
- Athanasius, Saint, Patriarch of Alexandria, -373
- Grigor, Tatʻevatsʻi, Saint, 1346-1409
Created / Published
- I Kostandnu pōlis kʻghkʻi. : I Tparani Karapeti ordi ... Astwatsatroy, 1166 [i.e. 1717]
- - Cyril,--Saint, Patriarch of Alexandria,--approximately 370-444.--De incarnatione unigeniti--Commentaries
- - Jesus Christ--Person and offices
- - Includes indexes.
- - LC copy has original binding: stamped leather on wood; holes for clasp in covers.
- - Near East Cage: Armenian.
- - No collective title page.
- - Publishing information from colophon (p. 797).
- - Woodcuts: ill., initials, printers' devices.
- - Also available in digital form.
- - LC copy given in memory of Levon and Evelyn Avdoyan.
- - In Armenian; translated from Greek. Grigor Tatʻevatsʻi's Lutsmunkʻ i Parapmuns Surboyn Kiwrghi is in its original Armenian text.
- 798 p. : ill. ; 21 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- BR65.C953 D4 1717
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The Library of Congress is unaware of any copyright or other restrictions in the World Digital Library Collection. Absent any such restrictions, these materials are free to use and reuse. Researchers are encouraged to review the source information attached to each item. For information on contacting WDL partner organizations, see this archived list of partners
The Library asks that researchers approach the materials in this collection with respect for the culture and sensibilities of the people whose lives, ideas, and creativity are documented here.
Credit Line: [Original Source citation], World Digital Library
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For additional information and contact information for many of the partner organizations, see this archived capture of the World Digital Library site from 2021.
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Cyril, Saint, Patriarch Of Alexandria, Approximately 370-444, Saint Athanasius, and TatʻEvatsʻI Grigor. Dzayn Aṛ Baghdzalin. [I Kostandnu pōlis kʻghkʻi.: I Tparani Karapeti ordi ... Astwatsatroy, i.e. 1717, 1717] Pdf. https://www.loc.gov/item/2005554951/.
APA citation style:
Cyril, S., Athanasius, S. & Grigor, T. (1717) Dzayn Aṛ Baghdzalin. [I Kostandnu pōlis kʻghkʻi.: I Tparani Karapeti ordi ... Astwatsatroy, i.e. 1717] [Pdf] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005554951/.
MLA citation style:
Cyril, Saint, Patriarch Of Alexandria, Approximately 370-444, Saint Athanasius, and TatʻEvatsʻI Grigor. Dzayn Aṛ Baghdzalin. [I Kostandnu pōlis kʻghkʻi.: I Tparani Karapeti ordi ... Astwatsatroy, i.e. 1717, 1717] Pdf. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2005554951/>.