Map Position of Richmond, Va.
About this Item
- Position of Richmond, Va.
- Contributor Names
- Abbot, Henry L.
- McClellan, George B. (George Brinton), 1826-1885.
- Humphreys, A. A. (Andrew Atkinson), 1810-1883.
- Subject Headings
- - Richmond Region (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Virginia--Richmond Region
- - Relief shown by hachures and pictorially.
- - Shows Richmond region.
- - Pen-and-ink on pencil grid on tracing linen, mounted on cloth.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H98
- - Imperfect: Spotting throughout.
- - In pencil on verso: 85.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 1 ms. map : col., cloth ; 46 x 52 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3884.R5A1 1862 .A4
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Relief shown by hachures and pictorially. Shows Richmond region. Pen-and-ink on pencil grid on tracing linen, mounted on cloth. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H98 Imperfect: Spotting throughout. In pencil on verso: 85. Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Hotchkiss Map Collection were published prior to 1922 (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Photographic copies of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. The reproductions in this collection are made from digital images. Digital reproductions in TIFF format are also available.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Abbot, Henry L, George B McClellan, and A. A Humphreys. Position of Richmond, Va. 1862. Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625011/.
APA citation style:
Abbot, H. L., McClellan, G. B. & Humphreys, A. A. (1862) Position of Richmond, Va. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625011/.
MLA citation style:
Abbot, Henry L, George B McClellan, and A. A Humphreys. Position of Richmond, Va. 1862. Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2005625011/>.
More Maps like this
MapPosition of Richmond, Va. Shows positions of Federal and Confederate armies in June and July 1862 in Richmond region. Relief shown by hachures. Pen-and-ink and watercolor on irregularly shaped piece of tracing linen, sectioned in 2...
- Contributor: McClellan, George (George Brinton) - Humphreys, A. A. (Andrew Atkinson) - Abbot, Henry L.
- Date: 1862
MapSketch exhibiting the approachs to Richmond from Pamunkey River : from reconnoissances [sic] made between May ... Sun print. Relief shown by hachures. Civil War salted paper maps. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), 619.8 Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. In...
- Contributor: Abbot, Henry L.
- Date: 1862
MapMap used by Jed. Hotchkiss, Top. Eng., 2d Corps, A.N. Va., in campaign of 1864 : ... Shows Richmond and surrounding areas and names of some residents. Also shows radial distances from Richmond. Pen-and-ink and pencil (some col.) on irregularly shaped sheet of tracing linen, mounted on cloth. LC...
- Contributor: Hotchkiss, Jedediah
- Date: 1864
MapMap of vicinity of Richmond Shows fortifications and names of some residents. Relief shown by hachures. Pen-and-ink and pencil (some col.) on tracing linen, sectioned in 2, mounted on cloth. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H176...
- Contributor: Campbell, Albert H. (Albert Henry) - Gilmer, Jeremy Francis - Campbell, Albert H.
- Date: 1864
Map[Map of the vicinity of Richmond, north and east of the James River]. Shows some fortifications, troop positions and names of some residents. Title and date from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989. Pen-and-ink and pencil on tracing linen sectioned in 2, mounted on cloth. LC...
- Date: 1864