Map [Northwest, or no. 1 sheet of preliminary map of Antietam (Sharpsburg) battlefield].
About this Item
- [Northwest, or no. 1 sheet of preliminary map of Antietam (Sharpsburg) battlefield].
- Hotchkiss, Jedediah, 1828-1899.
- Michler, N. (Nathaniel), 1827-1881.
Created / Published
- - Antietam Region (Md.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Landowners--Maryland--Antietam National Battlefield Region--Maps
- - United States--Maryland--Antietam Region
- - United States--Maryland--Antietam National Battlefield Region
- - Shows names of some residents.
- - Title and date from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989.
- - Printed version of map includes statement: Enlarged from the "Michler" map of the War records atlas, with corrections and additions, Nov. 1894.
- - Pen-and-ink on grid on tracing linen sectioned in 2, mounted on cloth, with penciled instructions to printer.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H112
- - Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image.
- 1 ms. map : cloth ; 64 x 80 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3844.A6A1 1894 .H52
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Hotchkiss Map Collection were published prior to 1922 (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Photographic copies of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. The reproductions in this collection are made from digital images. Digital reproductions in TIFF format are also available.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hotchkiss, Jedediah, and N Michler. Northwest, or no. 1 sheet of preliminary map of Antietam Sharpsburg battlefield.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625020/.
APA citation style:
Hotchkiss, J. & Michler, N. (1894) Northwest, or no. 1 sheet of preliminary map of Antietam Sharpsburg battlefield. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625020/.
MLA citation style:
Hotchkiss, Jedediah, and N Michler. Northwest, or no. 1 sheet of preliminary map of Antietam Sharpsburg battlefield.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2005625020/>.