Maps [Preliminary field sketch of part of the Antietam battlefield, in the area north of Sharpsburg].
About this Item
- [Preliminary field sketch of part of the Antietam battlefield, in the area north of Sharpsburg].
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Antietam Region (Md.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Landowners--Maryland--Antietam Region--Maps
- - United States--Maryland--Antietam Region
- - Shows names of some residents.
- - Relief shown by hachures and spot heights.
- - Title and date from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989.
- - Pen-and-ink and pencil on note paper, mounted between sheets of transparent paper.
- - Printed in upper right border: War Department, Antietam Battlefield Commission, Washington.
- - Watermark: Crane's distaff linen with image of spinning wheel.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H117
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- 3 ms. maps on 1 sheet : both sides, some col. ; 20 x 12 cm., or smaller, sheet 20 x 25 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3844.A6A1 1895 .P72
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 USA dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Library of Congress Online Catalog
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Hotchkiss Map Collection were published prior to 1922 (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Citing Primary Souces on the Teachers Page.
Photographic copies of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. The reproductions in this collection are made from digital images. Digital reproductions in TIFF format are also available.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
[Preliminary field sketch of part of the Antietam battlefield, in the area north of Sharpsburg].  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625025/. (Accessed August 29, 2016.)
APA citation style:
(1895) [Preliminary field sketch of part of the Antietam battlefield, in the area north of Sharpsburg]. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625025/.
MLA citation style:
[Preliminary field sketch of part of the Antietam battlefield, in the area north of Sharpsburg].  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625025/>.