Map Sunday, May 3rd : [Map of the battle of Chancellorsville]
About this Item
- Sunday, May 3rd : [Map of the battle of Chancellorsville]
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Chancellorsville, Battle of, Va., 1863--Maps, Manuscript
- - United States--Virginia--Chancellorsville
- - Chancellorsville, Battle of, Va
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Title in lead pencil in upper margin.
- - Date from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989.
- - Pen-and-ink and pencil (some col.), mounted on cloth.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H136
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - Including an index of names of Confederate commanders.
- - In pencil on verso: 20.
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 25 x 32 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3884.C36S5 1863 .S9
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Relief shown by hachures. Title in lead pencil in upper margin. Date from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989. Pen-and-ink and pencil (some col.), mounted on cloth. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H136 Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image. Including an index of names of Confederate commanders. In pencil on verso: 20.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
Rights assessment is your responsibility.
The maps in the Hotchkiss Map Collection were published prior to 1922 (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Photographic copies of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. The reproductions in this collection are made from digital images. Digital reproductions in TIFF format are also available.
More about Copyright and other Restrictions
For guidance about compiling full citations consult Citing Primary Sources.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
[Sunday, May 3rd: Map of the battle of Chancellorsville].  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625043/. (Accessed March 29, 2017.)
APA citation style:
(1863) [Sunday, May 3rd: Map of the battle of Chancellorsville]. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625043/.
MLA citation style:
[Sunday, May 3rd: Map of the battle of Chancellorsville].  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625043/>.