Map Map of the lower [Shenandoah] Valley
About this Item
- Map of the lower [Shenandoah] Valley
- Contributor Names
- Brown, Samuel Howell.
- Hoffmann, J. Paul
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - Shenandoah River Valley (Va. and W. Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Landowners--Shenandoah River Valley (Va. and W. Va.)--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Shenandoah River Valley
- - United States--West Virginia--Shenandoah River Valley
- - Shows the names of some residents.
- - Relief shown by hachures and shading.
- - Date from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989.
- - Pen-and-ink and pencil on tracing linen, mounted on cloth.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H144
- - Imperfect: Several damp stains with loss of text.
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - In pencil on verso: 73.
- 1 ms. map : col., cloth ; 68 x 48 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3882.S52 1864 .B72
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
Rights & Access
The maps in the Hotchkiss Map Collection were published prior to 1922 (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Photographic copies of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. The reproductions in this collection are made from digital images. Digital reproductions in TIFF format are also available.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Brown, Samuel Howell, and J. Paul Hoffmann. Map of the lower Shenandoah Valley.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625051/.
APA citation style:
Brown, S. H. & Hoffmann, J. P. (1863) Map of the lower Shenandoah Valley. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625051/.
MLA citation style:
Brown, Samuel Howell, and J. Paul Hoffmann. Map of the lower Shenandoah Valley.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2005625051/>.
More Maps like this
Map[Map of the lower Shenandoah Valley, Virginia] Shows the Shenandoah Valley from the Potomac to the north to Front Royal and Strasburg to the south, including roads, drainage, railroads, and names of residents. Relief shown by shading. Title derived...
- Contributor: Early, Jubal Anderson - Brown, Samuel Howell
- Date: 1864
Map[A map of Fairfax County, and parts of Loudoun and Prince William Counties, Va., and the ... LC Land ownership maps, 1251 Relief shown by hachures. Shows western Washington D.C. region, including fortifications and names of some residents. Title derived from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989. Pen-and-ink on tracing...
- Contributor: Brown, Samuel Howell - Hoffmann, J. Paul
- Date: 1864
Map[Map of the Shenandoah Valley]. Shows the Shenandoah Valley from Winchester to Staunton, and from the Blue Ridge to the Alleghany mountains, and also shows the names of many residents. Relief shown by form lines and hachures....
- Contributor: Hotchkiss, Jedediah
- Date: 1862
Map[Map of the Shenandoah Valley from Mt. Jackson to Midway, including parts of Shenandoah, Page, Rockingham, ... Shows names of some residents. Relief shown by form lines. Title and date from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989. Pen-and-ink and pencil on tracing linen with left corner cut away, mounted on...
- Date: 186?
Map[Map of Shenandoah Valley from Winchester to New Market, Virginia and from Millwood to Waverly P.O., ... Shows names of some residents. Relief shown by hachures. Title, date, and scale from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989. Pen-and-ink and pencil (some col.) over a 3/8-inch pencil grid, mounted on cloth....
- Date: 186?