Map [Preliminary sketch of a portion of the Belle Grove or Cedar Creek battlefield area].
About this Item
- [Preliminary sketch of a portion of the Belle Grove or Cedar Creek battlefield area].
- Hotchkiss, Jedediah, 1828-1899.
Created / Published
- - Cedar Creek Region (Va.)--Maps, Manuscript
- - Landowners--Virginia--Cedar Creek Region--Maps
- - United States--Virginia--Cedar Creek Region
- - Shows names of some residents.
- - Relief shown by hachures.
- - Title, date, and scale from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989.
- - Pencil on sheet of paper from notebook, lined on right recto and left verso, and mounted on cloth.
- - Left map oriented with north to the right, right map oriented with north to the left.
- - Watermark: Coat-of-arms.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H196
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - Includes small ancillary map.
- - In pencil on verso: 311.
- 2 ms. maps on 1 sheet ; 10 x 17 cm. and 12 x 11 cm., sheet 21 x 26 cm.
Call Number/Physical Location
- G3884.C312A1 1864 .H6
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
Library of Congress Control Number
Additional Metadata Formats
IIIF Presentation Manifest
Rights & Access
The maps in the Hotchkiss Map Collection were published prior to 1922 (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Photographic copies of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. The reproductions in this collection are made from digital images. Digital reproductions in TIFF format are also available.
Cite This Item
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Hotchkiss, Jedediah. Preliminary sketch of a portion of the Belle Grove or Cedar Creek battlefield area.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625103/.
APA citation style:
Hotchkiss, J. (1864) Preliminary sketch of a portion of the Belle Grove or Cedar Creek battlefield area. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625103/.
MLA citation style:
Hotchkiss, Jedediah. Preliminary sketch of a portion of the Belle Grove or Cedar Creek battlefield area.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2005625103/>.