Map [Map of the world on the Mercator projection].
About this Item
- [Map of the world on the Mercator projection].
- Created / Published
- Subject Headings
- - World maps, Manuscript
- - Earth
- - Shows latitude of Virginia.
- - Title, date, and scale from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989.
- - Pen-and-ink and pencil over grid, mounted on cloth.
- - LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H200
- - Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image.
- - In ink in upper left corner: No. 4.
- - In pencil on verso: 139.
- 1 ms. map : col. ; 14 x 30 cm.
- Call Number/Physical Location
- G3200 1875 .M3
- Library of Congress Geography and Map Division Washington, D.C. 20540-4650 dcu
- Digital Id
- Library of Congress Control Number
- Online Format
- Shows latitude of Virginia. Title, date, and scale from Stephenson's Civil War maps, 1989. Pen-and-ink and pencil over grid, mounted on cloth. LC Civil War maps (2nd ed.), H200 Available also through the Library of Congress web site as raster image. In ink in upper left corner: No. 4. In pencil on verso: 139.
- LCCN Permalink
- Additional Metadata Formats
- MARCXML Record
- MODS Record
- Dublin Core Record
- IIIF Presentation Manifest
- Manifest (JSON/LD)
The maps in the Hotchkiss Map Collection were published prior to 1922 (see catalog records that accompany each map for information regarding date of publication and source). The Library of Congress is providing access to these materials for noncommercial, educational, and research purposes and is not aware of any U.S. copyright protection (see Title 17 of the United States Code) or any other restrictions in the Map Collection materials. Note that the written permission of the copyright owners and/or other rights holders (such as publicity and/or privacy rights) is required for distribution, reproduction, or other use of protected items beyond that allowed by fair use or other statutory exemptions. Responsibility for making an independent legal assessment of an item and securing any necessary permissions ultimately rests with persons desiring to use the item.
For further information on permissions rights, please see our Legal Notices.
Credit Line: Library of Congress, Geography and Map Division.
Photographic copies of maps from the Geography and Map Division are available through the Library of Congress Photoduplication Service. The reproductions in this collection are made from digital images. Digital reproductions in TIFF format are also available.
Citations are generated automatically from bibliographic data as a convenience, and may not be complete or accurate.
Chicago citation style:
Map of the world on the Mercator projection.  Map. https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625107/.
APA citation style:
(1875) Map of the world on the Mercator projection. [Map] Retrieved from the Library of Congress, https://www.loc.gov/item/2005625107/.
MLA citation style:
Map of the world on the Mercator projection.  Map. Retrieved from the Library of Congress, <www.loc.gov/item/2005625107/>.
More Maps like this
MapMap of the world with the most recent discoveries. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault Acquisitions control no. 99-42
- Contributor: Van Schaack, Mary
- Date: 1811
Map[Shi jie] quan tu. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. Maps probably drawn by the small boys in the Christian College, Canton, China. One of three maps drawn by the small boys in the Christian College, Canton, China. "136A"....
- Date: 1900
MapThe world "January 1833." Relief shown by hachures. Pen-and-ink and watercolor. Available also through the Library of Congress Web site as a raster image. Vault Acquisitions control no. 99-43
- Contributor: Van Schaack, Mary
- Date: 1833
Map[Portolan atlas of 9 charts and a world map, etc. Dedicated to Hieronymus Ruffault, Abbot of ... Manuscript, pen-and-ink and watercolor, on vellum. Each double-page illumination (col. diagrs., col. maps) 21 x 29 cm. Compass rose on inside back cover. "Maps 1, 2, and 10 show America. No. 1...
- Contributor: Agnese, Battista
- Date: 1544
MapWeltkarte des Idrisi vom Jahr 1154 n. Ch., Charta Rogeriana
Charta Rogeriana | Explanations to the proof of the map of the world drawn by Idrisi in 1154 and restored by K. Miller in 1927 Relief shown pictorially. Place names in romanized Arabic. Accompanying text in English. Facsimile. Original version: 1154. Oriented with north to the bottom. Originally printed on 6 sheets, each ca. 47 x 68...
- Contributor: Miller, Konrad - Idrīsī
- Date: 1928